Favorite DC Comic Book Moment

We all have our favorite moments that took place in the vast annals of DC comics lore. A series of images and sequences of words that form together on the page to create a moment that sticks in your memory for ages to come.

I would love it if everyone took a moment and listed what moment (or moments) that really remained with you during your DC comics reading career.

Here is one that comes to mind for myself:

At the end of Infinite Crisis, Joker (while remaining absent throughout the whole arc) emerges from the shadows, with Lex Luthor standing by, watching an injured Alexander Luthor from an alternate earth as he struggles to understand his fate. Luthor then says “You may be the smartest man in the Universe, but you made one fatal mistake. You didn’t let the Joker play…”
And the Clown Prince of crime proceeds to blow away Alexander Luthor, who (for the entire story arc) was a God-like Megalomaniac with intentions to merge the multiverse into one cohesive unit.
Friggin’ AWESOME!

Your turn!

8 Likes

Hard to pick one but in more recent years. Ill choose one that stands out to me.

The Death of the Family dinner table scene with the Bat Family and Joker. And each member of the family had their face laying in front of them with the Joker monologueing.

I seem to remember that particular scene very well.

3 Likes

I’ll tentatively say Supergirl’s death in Crisis on Infinite Earths. Sad, but AWESOME.

4 Likes

Im gonna have to go with a recent one, where Krypto kills Kryptonite Man and died doing it.

Also when Bane broke Batman was a huge deal to me. Bane got me into reading comics

2 Likes

Constantine mixing alcohol he served to the Devil with Holy Water, and then flipping the Devil the bird.

5 Likes

Batman beating up The Joker during the Knightfall saga. Bruce had pent up anger toward Joker for Jason and Barbara and this sequence was an example of a time where he was close to crossing the line. Shows that Batman’s worst scars are mental, not physical

2 Likes

Proty 1st giving up his life for Lightening Lad. The whole time in going “No!! Don’t do it. He’s such a shmuck anyway!! Dont do it”

5 Likes

Batman 457
Tim Drake stepping into view in his new costume as he officially becomes the third Robin.

3 Likes

Mister Miracle not giving his son to Darkseid.

6 Likes

The Batman at the beginning of the Knightfall Series. He just found out that the inmates of Arkham we’re released. He was telling himself (the reader) that every man has his limits. He ignores his. Really set the mood and tone for the rest of that great series.

3 Likes

Green Arrow after giving blood holding his bow in onomatopoeia’s face until Connor Hawke’s surgery is finished. That was bad ass.

3 Likes

That moment in Grant Morrison’s first arc of JLA, when the white martians say Batman will be easy to apprehend because he’s just a man, and Superman just smiles.

2 Likes
  1. When Batman and Joker take down The Batman Who Laughs in Metal #6.
  2. When the Joker leaves the Legion of Doom after Lex Luther makes a deal with the Batman Who Laughs.
  3. When the Talon first shows up to Bruce and confirms that the Court of Owls is actually real.
  4. When Alfred knocks out Superman defending Bruce in Injustice.
  5. When Catwoman says hush to Batman at the end of Hush.
  6. When Barry remembers and brings back Wally West.

So much more, but those stick out currently.

1 Like

Since a couple people have mentioned ones from Knightfall, two more from that story:
-Nightwing going nuts on AzBats when he thinks he killed Bruce and the ensuing fight. Especially since AzBats has been set up as this unstoppable power-armored juggernaut and Dick is able to fight him to a standstill.
-Then they top even that with Bruce’s confrontation with Jean-Paul in the finale, talking him down and quite literally making him see the light.

2 Likes

Bizzaro makes out with a girl and tries to get her number. The number is 8. I crack up so hard

1 Like

The last issue of Doomsday Clock. It’s too bad Hero’s in Crisis crapped the bed with that ending. After reading Doomsday Clock I went back and pulled every TPB #1 of Rebirth, Superman Reborn and OZ Effect and Flashpoint. What Geoff Johns did really grabbed me and made me want to read everything again. Haven’t been that excited to turn a page since Injustice began.

1 Like

The last issue of Doomsday Clock. It’s too bad Hero’s in Crisis crapped the bed with that ending. After reading Doomsday Clock I went back and pulled every TPB #1 of Rebirth, Superman Reborn and OZ Effect and Flashpoint. What Geoff Johns did really grabbed me and made me want to read everything again. Haven’t been that excited to turn a page since Injustice began.

1 Like

I got a new one!

In one of Alan Moore’s: “Saga of Swamp Thing,” Swamp Thing Travels to hell to retrive the soul of Abby Arcane. On his way there, he encounters her uncle/villian Arcane, who in the last issue, Swamp Thing defeated.

As Arcane’s soul lies in the pit of he’ll, insects lay eggs in his rotting flesh, and (after gloating over the supposed death of his neice) he asks Swamp Thing: “How many years have passed? How long have I been here?”

To which Swamp Thing Replies: “Since Yesterday” as Arcane utters a soul wrenching scream.

Green Lantern and Mongul in Reign of the Supermen.

Rock. On.

2 Likes

A high point for me is in Howard Porter & Grant Morrison’s JLA #13.

Green Arrow and The Ray (??!!!) vs Darkseid.

Who would have thought, the two of them together at the end of the world.

And they take him out using an arrow and a beam of light…and then The Black Racer appears.

Green Arrow calms himself for his own death, and The Ray thinks of a mathematical equation to explain death. It’s perfect Morrison.

One other favorite from Morrison. The Final Crisis tie-in when we learn what Superman inscribed on his own tombstone - “To be continued” . That’s always stuck with me as a mission statement for Superman, but also these silly and exciting comics.

3 Likes