Favorite Comic Mini-Series

I’ve really been getting into the mood of re-reading a lot of my mini-series in my collection and was wondering what are some of everyone’s favorites!

Here are some of mine:
Batman Blink
Catwoman When in Rome
Forever Evil Arkham War
Huntress Year one
Identity Crisis
Justice League Rise of Arsenal
Terror Titans
Batman/Huntress Cry for Blood
Batman Secrets
Batman Unseen
Brave and the Bold Batman and Wonder Woman

5 Likes

I often harken back to the two part JUSTICE INC. put out in the Prestige format. Art by Kyle Baker and written by Andrew Helfer. I think it was around 1990. Cold War intrigue done beautifully.

2 Likes

I’m gonna stay in the same time period as @keylimetyrant and go with INVASION.

3 Likes

My DC knowledge pre 1995 isn’t where it needs to be so these are both solid suggestions.

2 Likes

I love mini-series. I’ll just mention a relatively new one that kind of got overshadowed by White Knight (which is also great) last year.

Batman: Dark Prince Charming.

3 Likes

I agree Dark Prince Charming was definitely overshadowed by White Knight, but it was annoying how staggered the release of the two parts were.

1 Like

Some of my favorite minis (in random order):

-Flashpoint
-Forever Evil
-The Untold Legend of The Batman
-John Byrne’s The Man of Steel
-Blackest Night Wonder Woman
-The Shadow War of Hawkman
-the first Super Powers mini-series
-Dark Nights: Metal

6 Likes

Huntress mini by Paul Levitz, presequel to!Worlds Finest, available in our library.

Power Girl also

2 Likes

Love that Huntress mini-series. I feel like we are over due for another.

1 Like
  1. Batman: Year One
  2. Man of Steel (John Byrne)
  3. Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
  4. Green Lantern Rebirth
  5. The Flash and Green Lantern: The Brave and the Bold
  6. Final Crisis: Legion of 3 Worlds
  7. Legends
  8. World of Krypton (1979)
  9. Shadow War of Hawkman
  10. Sword of the Atom (1983)
2 Likes

Did anyone say Watchmen? Watchmen is a good comic. Tom King’s Mister Miracle is pretty amazing. 52 was the first series that got me excited about DC comics about 10 years ago. The Long Halloween is the best Batman comic ever written…

3 Likes

Superman: American Alien

1 Like

Tom King and Mitch Gerad’s mister Miracle is an amazing mini series! I’m re-reading it again because of how emotionally impactful and layered it is. Obviously Watchmen is a favorite as well as the Dark Knight Returns. DKR got me back into comics about 5years ago and helped make me a deeper DC fan and Batman fan in general.

1 Like