Favorite comic book store?

Time to rave on your favorite comic store! What makes it great? What keeps you going back? Personally, Dr No’s comic shop in a small town in Georgia is a favorite of mine, their selection is unbeatable in this area. But at the same time I picked up 20 90’s Batman and Superman comics for $6 at a larger chain store. So let’s hear it?

3 Likes

Gabby’s Olympic Cards & Comics
Olympia, Washington

http://www.olympiccardsandcomics.com/index.html

I get my pull list from Gutter Pop here in Buffalo NY. The owner is a great guy to talk to and he has one of the best curated collections of trades that I’ve ever seen displayed in a store of that size (obviously a place like Midtown or Forbidden Planet in NYC is better but his place is basically a comic book shack). There’s also not too much extraneous merchandise to distract you from the comics.

1 Like

Ooooo, this is a hard one because I have a couple awesome stores, bu my all-time favorite has to be Acme Comics. It’s got over 10,000 things in store (comics, collectibles, toys ranging from new to old) and if they don’t have it, they will find it for you. I love the fact that they are family owned and the owners become friends with everyone that walks through the door. <3

1 Like

Newbury Comics
https://www.newburycomics.com/
Worked there a seasonal worker this past holiday season.

2 Likes

Newbury Comics - Providence, RI
https://www.newburycomics.com/
Worked there a seasonal worker this past holiday season. My go to store at my mall.

1 Like

It is not a comic store, but they have decent prices on comics. Half Price Books. They sell issues usually equal to or below the original price.

3 Likes

Blank Variant Comics in Tampa Florida. It’s not an actual store, it’s an online store. I love it for personal reasons, lol.

Comics Asylum in Richardson, Tx and Madness Comics & Games in Plano, Tx are my two main LCS’ and they’re both awesome!

Maybe I am biased since I used to work there, but mine is easily Second Chance Books and Comics in Oklahoma City, OK
https://www.secondchancebooksandcomics.com/

1 Like

Comixology. Nothing ever sells out, no screwing around with Diamond, no shortages, you can always find what you want. No snooty employees. Open 24/7/365.

5 Likes

@Vroom but you can’t hold 'em, smell 'em and collect 'em.

3 Likes

You also don’t have any condition issues to worry about and can read them on large screens.

I get your point though. I LOVE the smell of comic book ink. Just love it.

5 Likes

@Vroom I always hear about snotty employees, but Oklahoma City and the surrounding metro area has had more comic shops then most (at least for cities of comporable sizes), We have at quick count 6 comic shops currently open, and I have seen more than a dozen come and go in the around 3 decades I have been a collector and fan. And I don’t recal any snooty employees, even when I was an annoying kid who would hang around for hours asking questions and talking then buy one lone 75 cents comic, I always remember everyone always being nice. Maybe I’m just too forgiving.

2 Likes

@DanTheMan I haven’t come across snooty employees in a comic store in some time. The ones I have come across though just stick in the ol’ mental recesses, despite best efforts to forget their rude behavior.

3 Likes

My favorite comic book store is Third Eye comics. They are Maryland based but they have a store close to me in Virginia.

2 Likes

Reading online is convenient, but nothing beats a paper comic…

2 Likes

Considering where I live where there is really no comic store (feelsbadman) I’m not sure if you really count Second and Charles as one lol. But when I went to New York last year there was this place called Forbidden Planet! It was pretty cool!!!

2 Likes

The Joker’s Child in Wayne, NJ, as they have a few The New Teen Titans issues as well as both of Cyborg’s solo series and old DC comics from when everything was wacky. They sell Super Friends and Captain Planet comics!

1 Like

Collector Cave in the Bronx, NY. Very out of the way for tourists and most living in NYC but their customer service is flawless.

1 Like