Favorite Comic Book Iteration of Wonder Woman

Everyone has their idea of what Wonder Woman is or “should” be so this thread is about that. What are your favorite comic book iterations of the character? Mine is the George Pérez/Greg Potter/Len Wein run of the 80s.

I never was a fan of the character until the George Perez Len Wein version post Crisis on Infinite Earths, although I did enjoy the TV show about decade earlier as a grade-schooler.

For me, it’s definitely Greg Rucka’s first run, from 195-226. The essential nobility, warmth, beauty, tragedy, and strength of her character has never been equalled, even by his stellar second run in Rebirth.

I’m old school and love the original version. Favorite time of the comics would probably be the 70s and 80s, when I started enjoying the character.

1 Like

Personally I like Rebirth version the best. New 52 was pretty good too…!

1 Like

I have to say Rebirth too

1 Like

James Robinson’s run on Wonder Woman is the best of Rebirth. Azerello New 52 and Justice League Dark’s take on Wonder Woman is excellent so far.

1 Like

Marston’s Wonder Woman is really remarkable and I think the only one who came close to an accurate reinterpretation was George Perez. These are really the definitive Wonder Woman stories. I also really like Simone, Rucka, de Liz, and several others.

1 Like

I liked new 52 before the finches took it over

2 Likes

Jason Fabok design in Darkseid War made my jaw drop. I’m a big fan of the Rebirth and Classic Perez looks.

I loved the New 52 version of WW, until Finch. Something felt very different when Finch took over.

1 Like

I’m a post-crisis kid. George Lopez’s run is definitive to me.

New 52 Azzarello run, Rucka post Crisis and rebirth

Love WW and her many iterations however a personal favorite is the run by Phil Jimenez. It was IMHO a perfect blend of classic and rebooted villains (Villany Inc) and personal stories (Day In The Life) and nods to Lynda Carter as well. It was a fanboy love letter full of action and humor. A run that ended too soon.

New 52 from start to finish.

2 Likes

Rucka and Simone are my top 2. I loved some of what Heinbuerg was trying to set-up after “Infinite Crisis” but hardly anything from that period stuck. I also loved the Odyssey arc by J. Michael.

My introduction to WW came through reruns of the Lynda Carter show in the early ‘80s, so MY definitive version of the character is the Bronze Age, Pre-Crisis WW of the ‘70s and ‘80s. I love the invisible jet (WW’s equivalent to the Batmobile) and there’s not a sword or shield anywhere in sight!