Favorite Character... Without Their Own Comic

Of all the characters in the DC Universe, who’s your favorite to never have starred in their own book?

EASY MODE: Any character to never have their own ongoing series counts.

HARD MODE: Oneshots and miniseries count too.

For me… it’s Lady Shiva.

15 Likes

My first instinct is to say Donna Troy.

Technically, she kind of headlined Wonder Woman post One-Year Later, but it was never really her book - it’s more like she was housesitting for Diana. She was the title character in The Return of Donna Troy, but that felt (to me) like a Titans story where she happened to be the pivotal character - it didn’t feel like she was ‘starring’ in the book. Same with ‘Who is Donna Troy’, ‘Who is Troia’ and ‘Who is Wonder Girl.’

Again in MY head, a character needs to have his/her own supporting cast to be the ‘star’ of a book. Aside from Terry Long, Donna’s time in comics has been pretty light on non-Amazon, non-Titans friends. The closest she’s gotten to her own book is a single issue of Teen Titans Spotlight in 1987.

Starfire, Raven and Cyborg all got series before her. Even Cassie had her own mini-series! Give Donna her due!

6 Likes

Clayface!! It’s a weird pick but Tynion’s run is phenomenal!

(I don’t think Jon counts…)

5 Likes

I’d go with Wildcat/Ted Grant Somehow Has never had a solo series even though he’s been around since the 40’s

3 Likes

Bibbo Bibbowski…love his appearances in the Superman ongoings. I’d read a limited series that features his misadventures :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Easy mode: The Riddler.

Hard mode: Lady Blackhawk.

2 Likes

Easy mode Terra AKA Atlee.

Will get back to you on hard mode.

1 Like

Easy Mode: Ambush Bug.

Hard Mode: Faora-Ul.

1 Like

Beastboy
doesn’t have his comic

3 Likes

Beastboy
doesn’t have his comic

I would say Clayface. Or Beast Boy.

2 Likes

Easy Mode: Alfred. I know there’s that one shot though.

2 Likes

The Riddler and Stargirl(With this name) never had their own series.

Easy Mode: Doctor Doom
Hard Mode: Renee Montoya

2 Likes

Easy Mode: Desaad
Hard Mode: Shadow Lass (as part of the original “Secret Origins” book

2 Likes

H.A.M. Mode: BridgeWater from Superman Confidential. Apparently his race normally just observes and records events deemed significantly important. When he takes control of Tony Gallo’s body he experiences life on the planet that he is observing and perhaps is given a better understanding of that world. It would be cool to see a mini series with him where each issue he goes to a different planet and takes this approach to observe and record these events.

3 Likes

The WonderGirls Donna and Cassie.

1 Like

@Aquamon Good choice!

1 Like

@DeSade-acolyte, definitely Shadow Lass.

Zantana

1 Like