Favorite Catwoman?

Pfeiffer’s Catwoman was the only one that seemed truly dangerous, and clearly deranged. It also helps that she’s stunningly good looking and remains so today.

4 Likes

I gotta vote for Julie Newmar or Michelle Pfeiffer. I love this thread. Keep voting everyone! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@gibbyhertz
Lee’s only appearance as Catwoman was in the ‘66 film. She never appeared in the series.

2 Likes

I have always liked the one in The Batman.

2 Likes

The Cat in Batman #1 (1940)
Selina Kyle in Len Wein’s Batman run (circa 1978)
Catwoman in Jo Duffy’s first (10?) issues of the original Catwoman ongoing

2 Likes

Yeah, Julie Newmar made me notice that puberty started all those years ago.

1 Like

Animated Gershon in The Batman, real life loved Hathaway in Dark Knight Rises. Those high heels mmmm… liked how the sunglasses made the ears too.

Julie Newmar hands down. There is no competition.

1 Like

The all time greatest Catwoman is Darwyn Cooke’s Catwoman, followed by Ed Brubaker. Nobody’s ever done her better.

3 Likes

@HubCityQuestion
Yeah. Selina’s Big Score is easily in my top ten comics of all time.

@Hubby

Never heard of them :o

2 Likes

I’m surprised nobody has said Camren Bicondova lol

1 Like

“Michelle Pfeiffer? Ha! The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.” - Pure West

For my money, though, Pfeiffer.

2 Likes

Julie Newmar no contest!!

1 Like

Eartha Kitt! She purred. And no has ever–before or since–looked better as Catwoman.

2 Likes

Julie Newmar should win in a landslide. She was style, class, she could still pull off catwoman today. Julie Newmar rules heck a movie is named after her.

@Gibbyhertz Read Selina’s Big Score, and the 2002 Catwoman series! They’re the best.

I’ve come to appreciate Eartha Kitt because she was SO wonderfully feline, buuuuuuut Pfeiffer. Besides Batman Returns and '66, I just loathe Catwoman.

Eartha Kitt was the most outwardly menacing of any Catwoman.

In the end it’s Julie Newmar at the top of the list, then the debates about the rankings the of everybody else.

Julie made Catwoman a force of nature in Batman mythos that continues with us today. We would not have the notions of Catwoman as sometimes being an hero/antihero or a serious emotional and romantic connection to Batman without Julie Newmar’s Catwoman.

So it’s HER fault!