Favorite Catwoman?

I’m torn between Phieffer and this one but Imma go with my heart and say Newmar was a gentle sweet kitty and I enjoyed how she paved the way for sexy cat lady costumes around the world lol

I miss you Jules!!! <3

latest.png

3 Likes

To me there has yet to be the “perfect” onscreen Catwoman, but Michelle Phieffer is the closest one to achieving that feat. My favorite versions of the character are the New 52 version, and the one from the Arkham games series.

2 Likes

It’s Julie Newmar. I wish we had a time machine and could bring her to an era where strong, empowered, and sexy female roles exist.

2 Likes

Julie Newmar, of course. First and best.

(But @Gibby - I do have to point out that the image you posted is actually Lee Meriwether. :open_mouth:)

2 Likes

@Super-Squirrel

Are you serious? I hate that I Google search and it always tricks me into thinking it shows me something it’s not.

2 Likes

No lie i thought Anne Hathaway was great, very underrated.

4 Likes

Anne Hathaway

3 Likes

Julie Newmar. It’s not a fair competition.

2 Likes

@gibbyhertz
Look for fully body shots of both Julie and Lee as catwoman. You’ll never have that issue again.

2 Likes

Michelle
Pfeiffer

2 Likes

Anne Hathaway and Grey DeLise are probably the best portrayals of the Catwoman from the comics…but I like Michelle Pfieffer even more because she wasn’t like the comics at all.

2 Likes

Top 3 (in no real order):
Lee Meriwether
Anne Hathaway
Camron Bicondova

2 Likes

@DeSade-Acolyte

Lee is younger?

2 Likes

oh, Anne, every day for the last seven years

Zimmer’s Catwoman theme is also an all-time great

1 Like

I Love Asian Catwoman. The Asian Girl That Cosplayed As Catwoman, @ WonderCon, When It Used To Be In San Francisco, @ The Afterparty. I’ll Be Her Anthony Ruivivar Bruce Wayne/Batman. Beware The Batman.

1 Like

As a child: Julie Newmar and Lee Meriwether.

As a teenager: Michelle Pfeiffer along with Jim Balent’s comic design.

As an adult: Darwyn Cooke’s 2001 comic redesign of her along with Jim Lee’s take on her in Hush.

Honorable mention: Catwoman from The Adventures of Batman TV series. That’s out of pure bias though, as I loved that show as a kid and still do as an adult.

1 Like

@gibbyhertz
Julie is about 2 years older than Lee (who was Miss America in 1955, btw)

But Julie’s body is incredible. She is the only person ever cast that had comic book proportions in real life. Basically, she has the rack of the hyper sexualized comic book heroine/villainess.

Julie won the genetic lottery. Look at a full body shot of her vs any other catwoman and you’ll realize the difference.

2 Likes

Yes, I already knew that lol I just never knew Lee existed before. I used to watch the old 66 Batman when they were on TV Land but I can’t find what year Lee was from so I assumed Lee was younger. Newmar was a pinup model abd a sex symbol for her time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Anne she did an great job in Nolan trilogy. I can’t set myself on one catwoman in the comics tho.

1 Like

l have to go with the majority and say Julie
Newmar I also enjoyed Michelle Pfeiffer’s Catwoman

1 Like