Favorite Batman: Kilmer v Clooney?

So, we’ve all seen the debates about who is the best Batman, and it usually come down to Keaton, Bale, or Affleck. But, of the two nobody likes, Kilmer and Clooney, who was your fave? I’m going with Clooney (Bat-nipples notwithstanding).

4 Likes

Between Kilmer and Clooney, I think I would go with Kilmer myself.

3 Likes

In the costume, Kilmer. Out of the costume, Clooney.

Kilmer just feels pouty as Bruce Wayne, while Clooney doesn’t even attempt to play Batman.

5 Likes

Kilmer. Clooney didn’t seem like Bruce or Batman. For me he is one of those actors who doesn’t really disappear into his roles. I see him in a movie, and instead of seeing the character all I see is just George Clooney.

2 Likes

Makes perfect sense. I agree that Kilmer was a better Batman, but I think Clooney did a better job as Bruce than Kilmer did as Batman.

1 Like

Clooney. He is funnier.

1 Like

Kilmer all the way, it was stupid of them to replace Kilmer with Clooney, I would’ve fire Joel Schumacher on the spot had I work at Warner Bros studio.

2 Likes

Warner Bros. is one of the main reasons that Kilmer didn’t return. They wanted to rush out the sequel in two years rather than three, and Kilmer was already dedicated to another project.

3 Likes

Forever Kilmer. Iceman

2 Likes

I’m sure they regretted that now, Thanks to Christopher Nolan, Batman made a great comeback on the big screen!:grinning:

1 Like

Gotta go Kilmer.

1 Like

I haven’t watched those in a while, but so many people saying Kilmer on here makes me want to watch them again and see if my opinions have changed. I’ll have to give them a quick rewatch this week; I’ll report my findings. Lol.

Ooofff gonna say Kilmer! He was less Disappointing than Clooney in my mind! :joy:

1 Like

I think overall Kilmer is underrated. Of course, my opinion. But in just one movie for a lot of psychology and even some detective work. One of the few that wasn’t in the shadow of the villain(s). Interesting relationship with Robin, it’s a jam packed film! That said I’m really hoping Pattinson’s gets in the nitty gritty of the detective-ness of the role.

1 Like

I also love that somehow Wayne Industries has a physical tubes connection to the bat cave. Nothing to do with the actors or character, but…

1 Like

I’m going to go with Kilmer between the two. Clooney was just totally irredeemable to me.

2 Likes

That was cool!

True…that film felt kind of bloated with story lines they couldn’t keep up with.

Clooney could’ve been great, but he starred in the wrong Batman film!

1 Like

Cloony. I think he was great as Bruce Wayne and he could have really done something special with it had it been under different direction (Note: Schumacher was a great director, he was just going for the wrong thing, RIP.) Also for some reason, Kilmer could never really emote in the cowl.

1 Like