Favorite Art Work in DC Comics

I read naomi a while back and I loved the art style, so what are some of your favorite artwork?

4 Likes

Always loved this image of Swamp Thing, I think it looks incredible and the details in it are impeccable.

4 Likes

Oh that’s so pretty!!! Which swamp thing run is it from?

1 Like

It’s from Moore’s, It is the final page from the story arc “The Anatomy Lesson” in #24.

1 Like

Grayson. The whole damn series. Janin Markel’s work is AMAZING! Also love the artwork from Batman Beyond 2.0. It’s like a more mature and detailed version of the art from the show. Thony Silas did what had to be done with that. Wish he would’ve stayed or that they brought someone else in who could do that style.

2 Likes

Any screenshots you’d like to share?

2 Likes

I LOVE the art style from Gotham Academy. It fits really well with the story and is just so adorable!

3 Likes

The art in Grayson was so sleek, sexy, and CONSISTENT which is a big deal for me.

Thony Silas in Batman Beyond 2.0… this art speaks for itself. It’s like an upgrade to the show.

4 Likes

Thats really cute

1 Like

Hmm, those men look like snacks

2 Likes

Can’t even front. I have to agree.

2 Likes

In recent years, Stjepan Sejic’s Aquaman work is some of the most beautiful comic book art that I’ve ever seen in my 30 years of reading comics

4 Likes

Whoa now that is beautiful

2 Likes

Darwyn Cooke (R.I.P.) is probably my all-time favorite artist. Not only were his drawings absolutely gorgeous, he was fantastic at facial expressions and body language in a way that I haven’t seen matched by any other artists in my years of reading.

1 Like

Heck yeah, Mikel Janin is one of the best artists at DC. Completely underrated.

2 Likes

Omg did I really get his name backwards sksjskkskskdjjsjdjsjdhd :joy::joy:

Did he do the story with Dolphin??? If so I’ve seen pictures of that and thought the exact same thing. I can’t wait to read it!

Absolutely, he took over artist duties at the beginning of the Rebirth Underworld arc (Issue 25)

It’s a great read (Along with Dan Abnett’s entire run), you should definitely give it a try.

1 Like

Ivan Reis. I can’t overstate how much I like his art. The way he draws Superman, which happens to also be my favorite character, is pure gold. Whatever he does next, I’m buying. Here’s some screenshots from his work on Superman, blurring them for those that don’t want things spoiled:

1 Like

Since these are potential spoilers I didn’t read the words but OMG the art looks beautiful

1 Like