Favorite Arkham Game

Gameplay-wise: Arkham Knight
Graphics-wise: Also Arkham Knight
Story-wise: Arkham City

1 - City, best one by far. Fantastic gameplay, setting, story, collectibles
2-Asylum, except for the ending it had a wonderful story and the collectible interviews with 0 he villains and the creepy atmosphere made it one of the best media adaptations of Batman of all time. Unfortunately its gameplay doesnā€™t hold up as well and the game is very linear so it loses points to City for that.
3-Knight. If you take out the batmobile it has the best gameplay of the series. the DLC side missions did a lot to add to the world of this game which upon release felt bare in comparison to City even though the map was 3x the size. Professor Pyg mission was incredibly rewarding. 100 percenting the game was actually mostly fun. Unfortunately this otherwise fantastic game is bogged down by two things; the Batmobile, which while not bad is wildly overused to the point of exhaustion. Secondly, the confusing story and lackluster villain(s). Jason Todd as Arkham knight was way too predictable and Scarecrow never came off as a real threat the way Joker did.

side note: Poison Ivyā€™s arc across the whole series is the best representation Iā€™ve ever seen of the character. She shows you how powerful she is in Asylum, sheā€™s legitimately scary and I think it cements her as one of Batmanā€™s most dangerous foes, but then we also see her moment of redemption in Knight and it is the only time Ivy has been portrayed as turning over a new leaf (get it!?) that I felt was legitimately earned. Beautiful stuff

I forgot Origins, but honestly Iā€™ve never even beaten it because I get so bored every time I try. Really uninspired stuff

Arkham origins. I love all of them but Arkham origins(especially the Deathstroke fight) has the best gameplay in my opinion.

2 Likes

My main problem with the Arkham series is that the Shiva fight was too easy. She should have kicked Batmanā€™s ass.

1 Like

City, by a long shot.

1 Like

My favorite is Arkham Knight. As a big fan of Jason Todd, Oracle, and Mark Hamillā€™s performance as The Joker, it had a lot to offer me.

Kinda strange to hear DC/Batman fans say they hate Origins though

-__-

Origins is great, I loved the boss format, it was definitely the best in the series. Tons of things to do in the world as well.

All games in the series are great but Iā€™m going on a limb here and saying that the people who hate Origins never played Blackgate which links Origins game to Assault On Arkham Asylum. If you havenā€™t played Arkham Blackgate then youā€™re missing a huge plot point. At least watch a full playthrough on YouTubeā€¦

1 Like