Favorite Arkham Game

Mine I probably Arkham Asylum

2 Likes

City. It was everything that was great about BTAS and Arkham Asylum…but it gave us so much more. Great characters, great side quests, an amazing story, good twists, and gameplay that brought the series to a whole new level.

1 Like

Arkham Knight. I enjoyed the batmobile vs tank battles.

2 Likes

Arkham Asylum. It has the best story

2 Likes

I absolutely love arkham city. It’s constantly fighting with the last of us for my favorite game of all time.

2 Likes

Arkham City easily

2 Likes

They’re all great. My fav changes by the day. Today I’ll say Arkham Origins. I’m currently replaying it in 4K and it looks fantastic.

1 Like

Arkham Asylum - All day, every day!!

2 Likes

Arkham Knight

2 Likes

Arkham Asylum is still the only one that just feels like I’m in the world of DC Comics, playing as Batman. It feels both like a “night in the life of Batman” story and like a “Batman’s worst night ever” story. All the other ones just feel like a “worst night ever” story.

1.) Arkham city
2.) Arkham asylum
3.) Arkham origins
4.) Arkham knight

1 Like

Arkham City.

1 Like

Arkham Knight is actually the fifth game in the series…

But yeah,

Despite all the hate it gets from the critics out there, I’d have to say Arkham Knight due solely to the inclusion of the Batmobile - even if it gets forced at times (hey, we had 4 games before Knight without a batmobile, give Rocksteady a break!)

Then there’s the unbeatable dlc which Arkham Knight offers, the Batgirl one (Barbara, my love), the Harley one (Puddin!!) and tons of other goodies. It’s just a all around great game with alot of quality content packed in.

The redone U.I in the game lets you pick what quests you want to do in the biggest open world in an Arkham game yet.

That said, every Arkham has been a dream game of mine in it’s own ways. Arkham Knight being the fifth and final game of the series was just the cherry on top. And I love LOVE the antagonist. Arkham Knight just looks so cool.

What didn’t I like about Arkham Knight specifically? What would I change?

Hmmm… well, I thought that the character models in Arkham Knight were absolutely horrible compared to Arkham Asylum. Just look at Ivy for instance, the detail in Arkham Asylum’s model is 10x’s more detailed and specific than the Ivy in Arkham Knight. In Arkham Knight, npc models have that samey/samey kinda look and that’s probably due to overworking the Unreal engine.

My only complaint about the Arkham games in general is that the world should have innocents and friendlies to run into randomly - not just story. I think, in my opinion, that this is really the only advantage that Marvel’s Spider-Man on PS4 had over the Arkham games. I don’t think Gotham would be filled with all bad guys even when in the end of the world - because it wouldn’t be.

P.S,

How about that Shiva fight in Arkham Origins though? :wink:

1 Like

I mainly like Arkham City and Arkham Origins but the first game does come in a closed second

1 Like

While not my favorite, I enjoyed origins. It let me and my friend years of gaming together truly show. We got to play as Batman and Robin against a bunch of unorganized randoms. I mean cmon how fun is that!

1 Like

While not my favorite, I enjoyed origins. It let me and my friend years of gaming together truly show. We got to play as Batman and Robin against a bunch of unorganized randoms. I mean cmon how fun is that!

1 Like

I think if I had to rank them…

1. Arkham City
  2. Arkham Knight
  3. Arkham Origins
  4. Arkham Asylum

City I think has the best balance of open world and story. Knight has a great story but is a little too bloated with activities and…I just don’t associate Batman with tank battles. Origins is definitely a dark horse contender, with arguably the best story of the series, as well as the best boss fights (that Deathstroke boss fight is so memorable). Asylum is last only because I feel there is a bit of jankiness in comparing it to it’s predecessors now, and because that’s the nature of lists, still a game I love, though!

It would be sick if DCU would have these games on this app and people would be competing for high scores and prizes

1 Like

Arkham City or Arkham Origins. Both were bloody amazing in my opinion. So we’re the other games in the series.

2 Likes

City is my favorite game of all time. I love the story, love the gameplay, and love the overall style of it. Asylum is fantastic as well, and probably works better as a “normal” Batman story, but City is still pretty epic and has more varied gameplay, so overall I prefer City to Asylum.

Now, I have a confession to make: I am a total wimp when it comes to difficulty in games. Origins kicked my butt all over Gotham, and I just found that annoying and distracting. Plus, the story, while not terrible, was also not the strongest. I get why people like it, though.

Knight had a terrible, incoherent, long-winded, pointless, illogical, frustrating story and that’s all I particularly care to say about it.

2 Likes