Favorite Alternate Version of Superman

The comics have shown us many alternate takes on Superman throughout his 81 Year History. We’ve seen Superman from a different Earth with Red Son Superman, a Superman from the future with Superman Beyond, and a new person putting on the “S” and becoming a new Superman with Steel. And of course the MANY other versions. For me personally my favorite alternate take on Superman is the Kingdom Come version of the character!

5 Likes

Kingdom Come version is also one of my favorite versions. Alex Ross’s drawings really compliments the strong-willed, stoic, leader version of Superman in Kingdom Come.

4 Likes

Cosmic Armor Superman, one flick would decimate Darkseid.

4 Likes

I really enjoyed the portrayal of Hernan Guerra in Gods and Monsters. I thought he was charming, in a way, but very complex and sympathetic. He definitely made choices that our Clark wouldn’t have but I don’t think it made him any less heroic.

3 Likes

Injustice superman. Very realistic

3 Likes

I’ve always liked Red Son Superman

2 Likes

Superman: Secret Identity is one of my favorite alternate takes on the Man of Steel

3 Likes

For me, probably Red Son Superman, or maybe Speeding Bullets Superman.

If Electrical Blue Superman were an option, I’d choose him.

3 Likes

My favorite is E13 Etrigan. It’s two of my favorite characters rolled into one, what’s not to love?

2 Likes

@El-Jor, I also say Secret Identity Superman. That’s such an amazing story.

2 Likes

Alternate Supermen I highly enjoy (among others):

-Earth 23 Superman
-Tangent Universe Superman

Alternate Superman appearances/uniforms I highly enjoy (again, among others):

-the 90’s take on Superman blue and red
-his post Our Worlds at War suit
-his regular New 52 suit

3 Likes

Hernan Guerra from Gods & Monsters has felt the most powerful & iconic retelling of Superman.

@ColdSmokeMike
This E13 Superman/Etrigan combo sounds interesting. Where’d that appear?

2 Likes

Check out The Multiversity. Sadly they’ve never gotten a true series of their own.

2 Likes

Hurm… I think the version where he lands on Apokalips is cool in concept, but poor in execution. I like Red Son a whole lot, but I’m going to go with a classic: New Frontier Superman.

2 Likes

Some awesome choices here! The Gods and Monsters version is one I forgot about. He’s really cool. The “Apokoliptian Superman” is also cool…his look is the best part, Superman meets Darth Vader lol!

1 Like

I think from a human point is injustice Superman when the love of life is killed. I mean how would anyone with that power react

1 Like

Red son, he represents a Soviet Chad