Fanworks Gallery Opening on August 2nd!

Fan artists and cosplayers–this one is for you!

Starting on August 2nd, 2022, we’ll be opening the new DC Community Fanworks Gallery! Here’s the deal:

Every few weeks/month, we’ll announce a new theme for the Fanworks submission window. During that window, all of you wonderful and talented artists can upload your best fan art and cosplay images, according to the theme! From classic holiday themes to whacky in-universe DC Comics themes, we have dozens of awesome ideas for everyone to run with–but that’s not all! Every month, we’ll select 10-20 new submissions to be featured in the upcoming shiny new Fanworks Gallery! :batparrot:

The first submission window and the Fanworks Gallery will open on August 2nd–so gear up and get to work, artists and cosplayers! In celebration of this week’s beloved event, the first theme is San Diego Comic-Con! Whether you’re at the Con in-person, or participating from home, don’t forget to post your best art and cosplay pics on August 2nd! This first theme will run for two weeks before we switch to a new theme for the remainder of August.

Remember, artists and cosplayers: we do have Fanworks Guidelines that must be followed. If you have any questions or issues, please reach out to myself, or any of our fantastic mods. Can’t wait to see what you all submit on August 2nd!

Thanks, and get excited for some awesome Fanworks!
<3 Jitsu

18 Likes

Oh awesome!
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

8 Likes

So the first theme is Comic con?

8 Likes

That’s correct!

9 Likes

This will be fun to check out.

7 Likes

I better start thinking of a drawing i can try to do. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::hugs::thinking:

7 Likes

Sounds awesome™:+1:.

But one question what is the fanworks gallery?

6 Likes

Also @DCFanArtClub this may interest you.

5 Likes

I think they created this because they got sick of BigBlock posting WIP threads. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Just picking

5 Likes

It’s exactly that–a shiny new gallery to display some of our community’s amazing fan art and cosplay pics!

8 Likes

Oh awesome™:+1:.

7 Likes

How do we submit our artwork?

6 Likes

Welcome to the community, new friend! :slight_smile:

On August 2nd, the submission window will open - we’ll let everyone know how and where to submit their artwork at that time! Can’t wait to see your art :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Super excited. I’ve been working on one over the past few days. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

5 Likes

Come on August 2nd! Why you gotta be so………in the future and what-not?
:rofl:

3 Likes

Yessss, very excited to see what you submit!

3 Likes

Welcome, welcome! As @LastSon0fMars mentioned, we’ll be sure to let everyone know exactly how and where to submit Fanworks. So keep an eye out!

3 Likes

I’m sooo super excited for this thread. I think it’s going to be an awesome place to see everyone’s works blossom.
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

That’s the goal! Glad to hear you’re on board!

3 Likes

I have no artistic skill myself, but I love marveling at others’ work and supporting artists. :sunglasses:

3 Likes