Fan Art Thread - Legion of Super-Heroes

Hi, welcome to another fan art thread. This one is for the Legion of Super-Heroes – any era or incarnation! The idea is that anyone can add to it with their own art, photos, cosplays, etc. There are no rules, no deadlines, no pressure, just fun~

I’ll start with a picture of Lightning Lad and Lass from the 90’s legion. I drew this all the way back in 1999.

Check out the other art threads here:

JSA

Teen Titans/Young Justice

Justice League

Batman Family

11 Likes

I’m unfortunately a horrible artist but please think about a writing contest
I’m all over that possibility

5 Likes

Artists are always looking for inspiration. If you’d like to see a certain character, era or scene illustrated, drop an idea here and we’ll see if someone from the fan art club can pick it up and make it happen.

6 Likes

Looks awesome™:+1: the shading is great.

3 Likes

Love LOSH stuff! If anyone has any recommendations on comics I’d love to read more about their adventures.
Here’s an old cosplay, but still probably one of my favorites of Phantom Girl / Phase based on her design in the LOSH animated series.

12 Likes

The details on their faces are really good :+1: what kind of pen did you use?

5 Likes

Very nicely done!!! That’s extremely good… @cici I’m so in love with PG that cosplay is sweet. Tbh, you can’t really miss on LOSH & Legionaries. All of the 80’s stuff is rock solid. I would say just look up reading orders & go for it. Just be aware (and the comics were pretty good at saying continued in) that the LOSH & Legionnaires crossover similar to Superman’s triangle era. But only those 2 titles & they go one by one. So it’d be like LOSH #34 continued in Legionnaires #34 etc. Besides that, you can pretty much free read just check for crossovers in your reading orders. I could dig up my old notebooks & DM u reading orders for it if u want? I’m sure someone who knows tech will drop u a link on here- But, if not. I’ll dig thru & attempt to give u a framework of how u might wanna read it. Than u can choose your own path, but honestly just jump in, there all money.

5 Likes

That’s is very awesome™:+1:.

4 Likes

Good to know! Thank you! Yeah you can send me your list if its not too much trouble, if anything it will be nice to have something to reference :wink:

3 Likes

Ok…gimme a lil bit. I gotta find my old notebooks, than go thru them all to find where I wrote most of my LOSH. But I’ll get it done.

5 Likes

Thanks! I don’t exactly remember what kind of pen I used, but it must have been a fine tip micron or a Marvy Le Plumme II (which I still have laying around). I have been trying to work more with different line weights, but I always feel more comfortable with a fine tip pen.

5 Likes

Great cosplay and photography! You are Phantom girl!

I first started reading the Legion with the ‘5 years later’ story, which is here.. There was a lot of buzz around it at the time, but I was completely confused. It has some very stylized Keith Giffen art.

The other big event that actually came before this was ‘The Great Darkness Saga’. That may be a good place to start too.

5 Likes

Yes…Giffen’s style is kind of a love or hate deal. I absolutely love it. Ty @JKoco17 you’ll get @cici going b4 I even locate my notebooks lol. Great Darkness Saga is incredible btw imho.

5 Likes

Ha I feel like I both love and hate the art??? Like in a good way! :sweat_smile: Thanks y’all! I’m excited to dive in to a new side of the comics

5 Likes

I had a feeling lol. It’s almost like George Pe’rez’s WW run. It’s usually split on like or dislike. I love Pe’rez & Giffen’s art/style. I’m glad you’re enjoying it. I’ll find some reading orders in my old notebook. It’s in my very 1st one & I just need to find it, than find all my LOSH sections.

3 Likes

A few I did a while back…

10 Likes

Beautiful!!! I’m biased towards Shadow Lass/ Shady but there all awesome!!

3 Likes

Very nice! Haven’t seen headband Supergirl in a while!

4 Likes

Thanks to both of you. :smiley:
I was going to do more but things came up that sidetracked me.

3 Likes

U bet. Great stuff :ok_hand:

3 Likes