Fan Art Thread - Justice League

Eyy nice! :raised_hands:

4 Likes

Here’s a Martian Manhunter!

9 Likes

Great work! Are you an artist for living? This is certainly pro-level work!

4 Likes

That Manhunter Looks Awesome™:+1:. Really like the Eyes and black shade/coloring

3 Likes

That one pop of color :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Yeah I do some freelance work on the side and sell at conventions. I’m enjoying the balance of work I have right now but working in the industry has always been the dream :wink:

6 Likes

You’ve got the skill, keep following that dream!

5 Likes

Thanks @cici and @NYJt3 . I think this is the first I’ve tried to draw Martian Manhunter. Now I want to try that animated GIF technique to see if I can make those eyes glow.

5 Likes

Do it! That’d be bad ass :metal:

3 Likes

Here’s a shot at the glowing eyes. Nowhere near as cool as I thought it would be, but I think I have the technique down to try something more adventurous down the line.

6 Likes

That looks awesome™:+1:

Curious How do you make drawn images gifs?

3 Likes

I found some instructions on how to use Krita to do it.
There are also websites and software like Photoshop that can do it, but this is a totally free way and you don’t end up with any watermarks.

Basically, the image is drawn in Krita and I added layers for each shade of eye color.
I used 1 blank layer and 3 shades of red.
Then I made one layer visible at a time and exported a GIF. That left me with 4 GIFs.

To tie it all together, I had to download FFmpeg and link it to Krita.

Instructions to do that are here:

https://docs.krita.org/en/reference_manual/render_animation.html

For the actual rendering, I found a handy youtube video:

Since I only had 4 frames of animation, I set it to 2 frames per second. At the default of 24 per second, it just zipped by way too fast.

My render settings look like this. It’s probably worth playing around with the FPS and increasing when you have more frames.

rendersettings

Can you tell I work in IT? I glossed over a few details that are in the video, but if you need a better step by step let me know.

4 Likes

Thanks for the step by step. Definitely have to try this out.

3 Likes

Does working with the Justice League count?

5 Likes

I’d say it works. Working with is just a temporary member​:sweat_smile:.

Looks great​:+1:

4 Likes

:eyes:

7 Likes

Dang. That Superman one is awesome™:+1: wow.

4 Likes

A DCAU EM I did a little while back.

I love that stretchy sleuth!

5 Likes

Ooo sorry I missed this!!! EM looks fantastic, reminds me of justice league unlimited :+1:

4 Likes

Thanks! That’s what I was going for :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes