The Renegade Robins Club introduces two brand-new rogues for Batman: Darkwolf and Cutter! Oh, and some dude named Black Mask premieres in these issues, too. (Like that guy will ever appear in a movie, right?) Catwoman and Calendar Man drop by as well.
Join the Club today!
Click these drop-down menus for some bonus info:
Across the Community
These issues coincide with the first few months of Crisis on Infinite Earths, and Jason Todd even had a cameo in COIE #5. As we find out in the issues we’re reading this week, the Monitor is the one who hires Calendar Man to kill Batman!
Jason’s most significant appearance outside of the Bat-books to date occurs in Superman Annual #11, aka Alan Moore’s “For the Man Who Has Everything.” One of our discussion questions is based on this iconic story.
Calendar Man first appeared in Detective Comics #259 and had appeared more recently in Batman #312. His gimmick includes wearing a new costume for every caper (themed around seasons in his first appearance and days of the week in his second). This arc introduces his real name, Julian Day.
Does Batman need Robin? Jay thinks so:
Here’s our schedule: 2020-01-20T06:00:00Z → 2020-02-02T06:00:00Z
Week 7 Reading (Nine Issues)
Note: One issue in this arc is missing from DC Universe. A link to a summary with images has been provided.
II. Bruce Wayne
III. Calendar Man
V. Black Mask
- What was your favorite Jason Todd moment this week? Can you relate to Bruce’s day without sleep? Are you as buff as Vicki Vale?
- What did you think of Calendar Man’s story? Black Mask’s? Darkwolf’s? Cutter’s?
- Black Mask’s debut tale was still canon after the Crisis. What other stories from this era would you retain in continuity?
- What did you think about Green Arrow’s run-in with the law? Was Ollie in the right?
- If you have read Superman Annual #11, what did you think of Alan Moore’s depiction and use of Jason?
Next issue: Alfred talks to HR.
Poll Question: Who is your favorite villain in these issues?
- Darkwolf. Duh.
- Calendar Man!
- Cutter, I guess?
- Black Mask!
- Does Catwoman count?
- Bruce’s insomnia!
We’ve all been there, Jay.