⚫ 🌲 Fables: The Black Forest Discussion Thread (SPOILERS) 🌲 ⚫

Always! Can’t wait to see what Ambrose gets up to this month!

1 Like

Cool beans! Please spoil it, if you’d be so kind, m’kay? M’kay.

will have to wait till this evening when it’s in my hot little hands!

1 Like

That’s fine, as I’m exceedingly patient. :superman_hv_4:

1 Like

Well, that was quite a fun issue! A lot of threads being wound all around -
we see four of the cubs face various stages of their adventures - Ambrose calmly tells a monster where to get off, Connor meets an EXTREMELY suspicious guy claiming to be another hero, Winter visits the Turtle’s Teacup World (but misses his warning that she will be trapped!), and Blossom finds some spooky locked chests, but is frustrated that she can’t have a pretty, clean adventure.
Meanwhile, Squire Polly tries to get her fellow animals to revolt against Bigby, but they don’t like her - the animals are pretty hilarious - and then a man pops into the clearing through a portal and they all flee.
Lastly, the new Jack goes on a quest with her bear friend, and winds up in the Mundy world, astonished.

Art is gorgeous as usual. Stakes still don’t seem super high, but we shall see. It’s funny that we’re a third of the way through the story, and there’s so many storylines that it’s hard to quite tell how it all works. But Willingham is a master storyteller, and this has been written for quite a long time now, so I think it will all pay off!

2 Likes

Good stuff (and thanks for the spoilers)! I look forward to reading the issue…whenever I end up reading it. :grin:

1 Like

Fables #156 is here, and with it, The Black Forest is officially at its halfway point!

If you’re new to The Black Forest and an Ultra member, you can catch-up easy peasy, as issues #151-155 are now in our library. Read those first, and then head-out for #156. :slight_smile:

No matter where you’re at in The Black Forest, chime in and you’ll be heard (and seen :wink:).

1 Like

Hooray! I have to say, this comic isn’t a rollercoaster ride, more a gentle wander through the worlds of Fables, touching a ton of the characters and finding some new challenges! And the art has been spectacular as expected. I do hope it kicks into a higher gear, similar to Batman vs. Bigby, as we get into the second half!

1 Like

Often times, the best stories are the quiet ones.

Has there ever been a Fables poster book?

With as beautiful as the art in Fables historically is, I feel like DC would make a ton of money off of a series of Fables poster books, as there’s plenty of gorgeous art throughout the series that would look absolutely beautiful framed and on a wall or ten.

I haven’t read this one (know of it, just didn’t read it). Should I?

I thought there was at least a James Jean covers book out?

I had a really good time reading it! I think it’s a tad too many issues for the story inside, but it’s still a very solid read!

1 Like

sits back and looks outside as he strokes his chin in thought

All I can say is :man_shrugging:t2:. That does sound familiar, though.

Fine, fine, fine. I’ll read it with a Sprite by my side. :drooling_face:

You know, because a “sprite” can also be a term for a “fairy”, and fairies are often found in fables. :drum:

And when the sprite can is empty, you can whack it with a spoon and it will make a tinkle! :wink:

1 Like

Can? No, no, no. I drink Sprite from a plastic bottle and with my pinky out, as all gentlemen do. This is a fact. :point_up:t2: :face_with_monocle:

Sure, I’ve had it from the can, but I prefer the bottle…and purely because you get more of that lemon nummers-ness in a bottle, than a can.

:joy: And long after the container of choice is empty, I’ll head off for a ti-

Well…you know. :smile:

1 Like

What’s wrong with the Mexican glass bottles, though? Those can both make a tinkle bell noise, AND you can blow on the top for a pan pipe! (You may or may not see where I’m going with this… :wink: )

1 Like

Absolutely nothing. I haven’t had the opportunity to chug down a Soder in one of those.

I most certainly see where you’re heading with that: You want to play a flute in the forest, Pan. :grin:

1 Like

I have been able to read my copy I snagged last night now, and wow! At least one of the plots greatly increased the intensity! And there’s a ton of really complex thematic things going on!

1 Like

Dole out the spoiler stew!

Mmm…spoiler stew. I bet it has a hearty broth. :yum:

1 Like

The Peter Pan/Jack of the Forest plot has gone into deadly serious mode! I really hope we get a bit more info on who the new Jack is, though!

1 Like

Keep on pouring that spoiler stew, mon ami.

1 Like

Fables #156 is now available to Ultra members:

2 Likes