⚫ 🌲 Fables: The Black Forest Discussion Thread (SPOILERS) 🌲 ⚫

Tomorrow, Annie? You silly goose, it comes out today, the 21st. :nerd_face:

starts to hum “Tomorrow” from Annie

Well, that’s stuck in my mental sponge, now. :brain:

Yeah, but I’m going tomorrow!

1 Like

You’re not eating deviled eggs today, are you? Are you?

Actually, I might get impatient and go today. Gotta find out what’s going on in Fableland!

1 Like

Alright, party time!

That’s from an “official” New DC Comics Day party I’m attending (I can be seen in the back, FYI). :nerd_face:

Fables #153, part 3 of The Black Forest, debuts at finer comic stores starting today, July 19th!

Here’s a look at the covers:

A cover, by Qistina Khalidah.

B cover, by Mark Buckingham.

What have you :index_pointing_at_the_viewer: thought of The Black Forest so far, and will you be picking up Fables #153 this week?

2 Likes

It has been really solid - not really GRIPPING yet, but extremely enjoyable. I am hopeful that the stakes ramp up quite a bit, though - and I fully expect them to, given Willingham!

2 Likes

In minimizing my pull list, Fables went the “I’ll catch it on DCUI or in trade.” route. However, I did think #s 151 and 152 were quite solid.

Willingham=the best writer on Robin whose run deserves much more acclaim than it gets.

He certainly wrote the best Robin (STEPH), even though I dunno if I liked the run as a whole. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fixed that for ya. :wink:

Chuck Dixon aside, Willingham was my favorite writer on Robin. His work on a traditional superhero fiction is highly underrated, as the guy writes a solid yarn, I feel.

I love Tim, but Steph is the Robin (and Batgirl and Spoiler and Batwoman and Nightwing and Cluemaster and Pointer) of my heart. :wink:

He does write a very solid yarn. I think he tends to work best in a more free environment, though - his video about how the whole “death of Stephanie Brown” went down with editorial makes it sound like it was very frustrating for him!

1 Like

Steph as Nightwing…now, that’s a fable I’d absolutely like to see.

Check out Batgirl #24! :slight_smile:

1 Like

But…that’s so far from where I’m at with Batgirl.

Dare I jump forward? :thinking:

Up to you! You could just keep plugging away - you’ll get there eventually!

1 Like

Well, I kind of have to jump to that one. Otherwise, as I finish each issue before it, I’ll say “Just that much closer to #24.”

That’s how my mental sponge works at times, you see.

1 Like

I understand cuts needing made, but Fables wouldn’t make the list for me.

I was already intrigued, but after the conversation between Pan and Gepetto last issue, I’m hooked (pun intended :grin:).

I had a feeling it would go the way it did between Ambrose and his new friend…

2 Likes

If we were talking about a new arc of Transmetropolitan, there’s no way that would get dropped from my list, as that’s my all-time fav Vertigo title and seeing it get renewed life under the Black Label imprint (as Fables has) would be amazing.

However…the only Black Label titles I’ve stuck with from start to finish in single issues were Superman: Year One and Superman vs. Lobo.

Its as if I have a particular focus when it comes to Black Label titles. IDK what it is, though…

2 Likes

Same here. Most books I get digitally, as it’s easier than making the hour drive to the nearest comic shop for me. But I believe I’ll be making that trip for Superman: Space Age.

1 Like

Fables #154 is now available! Here’s a look at its covers:

A cover, by Qistina Khalidah.

B cover, by Mark Buckingham.

Are you making your way through the Black Forest this week with Fables #154?

1 Like