Some ass-kicking, sweet, sweet eye candy variants new for the week of 3/15:

World’s Finest #1

Jim Lee

Jason Fabok

Artgerm

1:50 Jorge Jimenez

Catwoman #41

1:25 by Sozomaika

Jenny Frison (def getting this one :heart_decoration: )

Tula Lotay

Nightwing #90

Jamal Campbell

Riccardo Federici

1:25 Cully Hamner

The Flash #780 (Max Dunbar)

Titans United #7

Kael Ngu

International Women’s Day (Cat Staggs; I really, really like this one)

10 Likes

Beautiful Batman 124 variant by Amy Reeder.

9 Likes

Jen Bartel’s variant for DC Pride 2022:

And I see that lots of my friends have already discussed it elsewhere, I literally just saw it in the Jen Bartel Club email. :man_shrugging:

10 Likes

Very cute. Might snag that one.

7 Likes

Time for some Adventures of Superman eye/reading candy by the one and only, Greg Rucka!

Speaking of Superman-based eye candy, check this out (it debuts on 6/21):

World’s Finest #4 card stock variant by Derrick Chew:

I’m definitely snaggin’ Kitty and Lo’ on 6/21. :metal:t2:

11 Likes

:eyes: :flushed:

7 Likes

Some of the new Pride month variants w/ my glorious Plant-Lady :rose: :0_poison_ivy_bombshells: :star_struck: I want them ALL! (And might have to finally change my avatar— we’ll see!

Nick Robles

Poison Ivy 1

This one w/ the steak is :laughing: pretty awesome. Anyway. Thank you, as always for the additions @AK_Bandit @Vroom @ManofSteelForever @chintzybeatnik :pray:t3: :green_heart: Brb…

Ps. Don’t mind me, friends! I’m dropping my song all over the place today to celebrate Ivy’s new mini :wink: :notes: :dancer:t2:

13 Likes

Okay, I’m back.

:00_wonder_woman_gold: Here’s this if anyone is reading Trial of the Amazons and wants to discuss it!

Poison Ivy 1 :raised_hands::rose:

DC VS. Vampires: Killers 1 (which I’m also reading so I’m looking forward to this! :tada:) Brett Booth & Jon Glapion

Catwoman 44 :catwoman_hv_2:

Harley Quinn 16 :skateboard: :boom: I’ve even been looking for a Poison Ivy board for quite some time, so I feel this one in my heart :stuck_out_tongue:

13 Likes

Harley and Ivy

A variant of a variant from Jen Bartel’s tumblr!

10 Likes

:eyes:

Story Time! :point_up:t2: :clark_hv_4:

So, I’m in the comic store yesterday (Tuesday), and I have both covers of TOTA: WG #1 in my hands (reg in the left, and the above variant in the right).

I’m thinking to myself, “Self, do you need the variant, as you like the regular cover much more. You could pass on the variant and spend the $5 on a different book, altogether.”

Did I, in fact, pass on the variant and then spend the five bones on an altogether different book?

Nooope! I yoinked both covers. :joy:

I mean, come on. How can I, as a dedicated (and then some :smirk: :smiling_imp:) Yara Flor geek not nab both covers for the first issue of what may be Yara’s last starring gig for a while?

Jerry wouldn’t stand for me passing on a cover with his visage, so by Hera and my Esquecidan gurrrl, I did my duty and bought both.

I bet Yara would nod with approval at my decision.

If she was, you know, a real person and not the subject of fiction.

really wishes YF was real

Frank Cho art. Lovely, just lovely. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

In-Hyuk Lee’s variant for Dark Crisis #1 (on-sale 6/7):

Most definitely getting this one. :heart:

9 Likes

:face_with_monocle: You made the right decision :white_check_mark:

Here’s what I brought today, everybody. :purple_heart: Plz enjoy!

11 Likes

Thank you. While I didn’t do it consistently with her ongoing, I figured with TOTA: WG that I’d nab any and all variants, so as to maximize my support for the lovely :sparkles: Yara :sparkles:. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

So, eye candy!

Here are some lovely Flashpoint Beyond (begins on 4/12, FYI) variants to feast our peepers on:

#0 1:25 by Max Dunbar

#1 Nathan Szerdy variant A

#1 Nathan Szerdy variant B

I’m not usually into women with tattoos, but any badass lady with a sleeve like that is a-okay to this guy. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

#3 by Xermanico (card stock)

#3 1:25 by David Marquez (Element Woman! :hugs:)

#4 1:25 by Jim Cheung (WIP)

Speaking of noteworthy books that debut this month, and their variants, Justice League #75:

Mikel Janin

Alex Maleev

Dan Jurgens

Todd Nauck

1:25 Simone Di Meo

1:50 Tony Harris

Will Jack variant A

Will Jack variant B

7 Likes

My pick for New to Retail Variant of the Week (out today):

World of Krypton #5, by Marguerite Sauvage:

10 Likes

13 Likes

12 Likes

Nubia: Queen of the Amazons #1 - Kevin Wada Pride Month variant

Featuring Nubia and Io, quickly becoming one of my favorite ships. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

And, this is not a variant but…

Wonder Woman #788 cover by Yanick Paquette

Love the Team Diana vibe here. Listen, though…I like Siggy and all, but please, DC, do not toy with my emotions with a love triangle plot device. Just let Diana/Steve happen. :sob:

10 Likes

Agreed!

8 Likes

Arriving 4/19

Babs Tarr variant

Photo card variant

Jenny Frison variant

Sozomaika variant (1:25)

Serg Acuna variant (1:25)

14 Likes

Who’s this doggie, s/he’s a cutie pie :hugs:

14 Likes