šŸ¤© EyeCandy: DC Variant Covers/Artists Collection

I donā€™t usually put posters up, but I would put a poster of this cover up

8 Likes

Itā€™s hard to pick a favorite, but this one, the Dan Mora and this Alex Garner are pretty greatā€”thanks @AK_Bandit! I really like this one as well. :raised_hands:

And thank you @golddragon71 for the addition! That would be a great poster!

9 Likes

I was also looking at Cat-lady things, so hereā€™s these: Catwoman 39, Lonely City 1 (which you can come talk about :point_right: HERE if youā€™re reading it) and some art prints. :heart_eyes_cat::black_heart: Plz enjoy!

10 Likes

That Alex Garner cover is really tempting me. Right now, Iā€™m persuading myself to not get a cover if Steph isnā€™t at least equal to the other elements on the cover, and this one has a much larger Babs than Steph and Cass (same with the gorgeous Dan Mora cover). Butā€¦my resolve is weakā€¦I must hold steady and not blow hundreds of dollars on covers for one comicā€¦

6 Likes

Speaking of Batgirls #1 variants, have you seen this beauty by Babs Tarr?

Upon seeing it for the first time, my inner-Gollum said ā€œWe wants it!ā€. However, I then saw it was exclusive to TFAW, so out went the idea of getting that cover. :sweat_smile:

I still havenā€™t decided which Batgirls #1 cover I want, but based on eBay listings, the Alex Garner variants are limited and wonā€™t sell for cover, while I donā€™t see listings for the Dan Mora piece, soā€¦I might just stick with the regular cover.

Speaking of Batgirls #1, hereā€™re two more variants for it:

Team Yoshitaka Amano

Joshua Middleton (really like this one, but its a con exclusive of some sort)

6 Likes

Iā€™ve pre-ordered both the Babs Tarr and Joshua Middleton onesā€¦and thatā€™s why Iā€™m trying hard not to buy anymoreā€¦ :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Pre-ordering variants is a black hole Iā€™m staying away from. A very tempting black hole I might add, but one Iā€™ve shied away from. So far.

If a limited Wonder Girl variant should come along that I need, then Iā€™m heading into that black hole head first. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Steph is my Wonder Girl character. I just have to order SOME of them. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Call me lazy, but sometimes when it comes to limited variants, I just go the trade route for them.

Especially when the trade is cheaper (and in some instances, much cheaper) than just one of the variants would be on its own.

Iā€™ll likely get Wonder Girl volume 1 just for the J. Scott Campbell variant to #1.

4 Likes

Iā€™m not quite sure that all of these retailer exclusives will make it into the trades, though. I donā€™t think a lot of them are unless itā€™s a Deluxe edition. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m putting money on the Babs Tarr and Joshua Middleton ones. Those are ones I just really, really want.

4 Likes

Yeah, the retailer variants sometimes donā€™t (along with certain con pieces), but the covers that are available everywhere, just with limited availability, usually do.

Donā€™t tell, but the WG fan in me might get certain variants and the volume 1 trade just to goose sales on WG as well. Yara has a fan in me, for sure. :nerd_face:

4 Likes

What can we do other than spread our love and spend our money to support our favorite characters, after all? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Indeed, indeed. If I have to eat light for a week, just so I can nab a goody of some sort, Iā€™ll do it (and have done it). :slight_smile:

admits that he could stand to eat lightly anyway, so it all works out

So, eye candy!

Shadow War Alpha #1, by Jonboy Meyers (A cover, on-sale 3/29).

Speaking of Deathstroke, hereā€™s some razor-sharp cover art from upcoming issues of Deathstroke Inc.:

#4 (on-sale 12/28)

Main cover by Howard Porter.

Variant by Ivan Tao (card stock).

#5 (on-sale 1/25)

Ivan Tao (card stock).

Lucio Parillo.

Nathan Szerdy (1:25).

I love the above. If the ninja-y guys in the background were removed, and that was then made available as a poster, I would clear some wall space for it.

stares at the above for a minute before carrying on

#6, by Alex Garner 1:25 (on-sale 2/22).

Speaking of Alex Garner, this is one of my all-time fav variants of his:

8 Likes

Ah, but did you see the Dan Mora Shadow War Alpha variant (sadly, itā€™s an incentive, but itā€™s so gorgeous!)

6 Likes

I did. Its pretty sweet too, but I dig the JBM piece much more. His art has a swell fluidity to it.

4 Likes

Perhaps Iā€™m a basic comics fan, but Dan Mora (and Jorge Jimenez) just tickle my brain the most. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Jimenez is pretty grand, especially on Super Sons and Justice League.

IDK why, but I get Dan Mora mixed-up with Dan Brereton. A tale of two Dans that my mental sponge/brain sees as one, apparently. :joy:

Speaking of Dan Breretonā€¦

Luvs me some Silver Banshee. :revolving_hearts:

8 Likes

For me, Jimenez is best on Smallville and Batman. Just jaw dropping and so appealing.

4 Likes

I like what Iā€™ve read of his work on Batman, especially #108, as that was a kick-ass ish.

4 Likes

Dropping a few :superman:well Supergirl variants from her Rebirth series.

Artgerm

Amanda Conner

Derrick Chew

9 Likes