🤩 EyeCandy: DC Variant Covers/Artists Collection

Alrighty y’all- got some spiffy variants to share. Let’s have a look. :smiley:

Detective Comics #1043 Kael Ngu :00_huntress2:

Batman 89 #1 Cover C Taurin Clarke (BG! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :00_batgirl1: :0_batgirl: :00_batgirl: :purple_heart: :yellow_heart: :purple_heart:)

Titans United 2 Cover B Kael Ngu (Rae Rae! :00_teen_titans: :0_raven:)

Wonder Woman 80th Anniversary Cover E Jen Bartel :00_wonder_woman_gold:

Wonder Woman 80th Anniversary Silver Age Cover Michael Cho :00_wonder_woman_gold:

Wonder Woman Black and Gold #4 Matias Bergara :00_wonder_woman_gold:

Nightwing #85 Cover B Jamal Campbell (More BG! :smiley: :00_batgirl: :0_batgirl: :00_batgirl1: :purple_heart: :purple_heart:)

Nightwing #85 Bruno Redondo Cover (and even MORE BG! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :00_batgirl1: :0_batgirl: :00_batgirl: :purple_heart: :yellow_heart: :purple_heart:)

Now, this of course isn’t a variant cover comic but I’m super happy I was able to find this hardcover tribute to Selina at such a spiffy price. :smiley: :0_catwoman: :catwoman_hv_1:

And here’s some fun stickers that I put on one of my collectibles bins. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

OK you guys- that’s it until next time! :smiley:

10 Likes

Diggin’ all of the things, especially:

• This:

That’s the one Batman '89 variant I had thought about getting, but I decided to pass on it.

• This:

LOVE this. It was easily my go-to cover for that book (which is sitting on my desk, saying “Read me.” as I write this).

• This:

I was so tempted to snag that, but I held off.

Isn’t Jamal Campbell grand? As I highlighted above, his variant for this week’s Wonder Girl #4 was :heart: and then some.

• This:

I don’t have this one anymore, but when I had all of the Celebration hardcovers, it and the Two-Face book were among my favs.

• This:

Starfire as a cat is adorable.

I don’t have any storage bins right now, but I do have a tackle box that has assorted mini-figures (2-inch scale) and other schtuff from assorted lines in it. Maybe I’ll gussy it up with some stickers, now. :thinking:

SN: Is your Icons Firestorm boxed, or is he open and that’s just his empty box in your bin?

7 Likes

So many great stories in this. :+1: :00_wonder_woman_gold:

Very compelling work from him here.

Now all I need is a :00_batgirl1: sticker for it and it’ll be complete. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Yeah, I’ve read the first two. I have no doubt this one-shot will be my favorite one-shot of 2021. It’s just an awesome book, all-around (well, from what little I’ve read so far, but I feel it will be all-around awesome once I’m done with it).

Have you read Naomi? That’s where my fandom for him began.

If you don’t mind my asking, where’d you snag your stickers? I’ve looked for DC stickers at Target, Walmart, Michael’s and Hobby Lobby (and one time at Party City) but never see anything that stands out to me.

4 Likes

Not yet but I will.

Y’know, that interwebz spot that I’m totally addicted to

that’s where I found them.

5 Likes

Yes, Etsy. One day, I’ll give them a whirl. One day. :crossed_fingers:t2:

SN: Naomi might be getting a club spotlight in a week and change, if you’re interested.

4 Likes

You got it!!! So awesome! I really wanted this one. :heart_eyes: :00_wonder_woman_gold:

4 Likes

IKR? Took me forever to track it down. So happy I got it tho. :smiley:

4 Likes

Yes! I’m so glad you managed to find it! :star_struck:

I found it on eBay but the price was…a lot. As much as I absolutely love that art, I can’t justify spending the cost of a couple of hardback books (or many, many regular comics) on one comic I just want for the cover. :broken_heart: :money_with_wings:

5 Likes

I was lucky in that I got it at a way lower price than most of the other sellers on eBay had it for, but you’re right- so many sellers had it marked up through the roof. :eyes:

5 Likes

Got my two variants for the WW 80th Anniversary:

And the variants for Batman ‘89 and Superman ‘78 #2:

10 Likes

Arriving this Week.

Wonder Woman 781 variant by artist TK

Harley Quinn: The Animated Series - The Eat, Bang, Kill Tour 3 variant by Meghan Hetrick

Batman: Urban Legends 9 variant by Francesco Francavilla

The Joker 9 connecting variants by Mico Suayan

Plus some other November arrivals.

Batman "89 #4 (11/23) variant by Babs Tarr

Robins 1 (11/16) variant by Babs Tarr

Justice League 69 variant by Alexander Lozano

Batman 117 variant by Jorge Molina

9 Likes

Superman vs. Lobo #2 (out this week) variant by Fico Ossio.

9 Likes

I really need to stop buying comics for their beautiful covers, but…I bought this today:

Wonder Woman #781 variant cover by Will Murai. (I’m not sure why League of Comic Geeks lists the artist as “TK”…I’ve seen that a couple of times when it’s been different artists. :woman_shrugging:)

11 Likes

Oof it really is beautiful though

7 Likes

@ejdias.95910 :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck: I haven’t seen this one yet! :raised_hands: :shark:

Or this!! :star_struck: :purple_heart: Thanx @Vroom! @Angel212 @DC89 too. (….I’ve been away, y’all. Trying to catch up. Forgive me for being slow. :cat2: Do have these tho…

9 Likes

Jeff Dekal is… :ok_hand: fantastic. Not an opinion—Fact!

Thank you too for the additions @chintzybeatnik and @AK_Bandit! These are awesome! :star_struck:

9 Likes

I’m in the mood for some Wildstorm love…

How about a li’l DC-based Wizard love? :sparkles: Yeah! :sparkles:

9 Likes

Today= All the Robins bein’ all the kinds of sexy, lol. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Enjoy! :green_heart:

12 Likes

I was really close to posting the Jason one!

Fun fact, my mom sent it to me via the Red Hood fan Facebook page and I initially thought it was fanart, until I found out from the Fandome news that it was an official variant cover, and I started to wonder what I did to be blessed with this. Though, if I’m completely honest… it’s not his face I keep looking at :eyes:

6 Likes