šŸ¤© EyeCandy: DC Variant Covers/Artists Collection

Didnā€™t he use to go by ā€œFrancesco ā€œBattā€ Mattinaā€? I swear I remember seeing his signature appear on his art in that way about a decade or so ago, but maybe Iā€™m thinking of someone else.

5 Likes

Speaking of my plant-lady :rose::green_heart: I MUST have all 3. :star_struck:

Ps. @Vroom: hmm :woman_shrugging:t2: no idea.

13 Likes

So much green and red. Printing out to save. :smirk:

7 Likes

Does Harley share? :grin:

6 Likes

Well, sharing is caring, soā€¦:first_quarter_moon_with_face:

4 Likes

I saw this in person today. It was $25 and I didnā€™t buy it cuz sticker shock.

But itā€™s way more awesome than this screenshot can show you. Every part that is gold is actually shiny gold foilā€¦ :star_struck:

I dunno if I should go back for itā€¦ :money_with_wings:

5 Likes

Hereā€™s next monthā€™s (11/23) Wonder Woman Black & Gold variant by David Nakayama.

Plus one by Stephanie Hans.

11 Likes

Those covers are why Iā€™m sure my trade-waiting WWB&G is the correct course of action for how I choose to read it, because I would hate to miss out on those covers.

Or spend the extra scratch for them in singles for that matter, as my singles budget is already allotted for other titles (and potential variants from them).

5 Likes

Just saw the Wonder Woman #781 variant by Will Murai:

Yes, Disney Princess Diana, I am here for this. :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

My variant pick-ups for tomorrow (Tuesday):

Nubia and the Amazons #1, by Maika Sozo:

Superman: Son of Kal-El #4, by In-Hyuk Lee:

12 Likes

Info on 1:25 Variant for Wonder Woman Historia: The Amazons:

ā€œLibrary Faux Leather Design ratio variant with gold foil and textured treatment by DCā€™s Associate Art Director Darran Robinson which will be available from participating retailers.ā€

Full article about the upcoming Black Label series here (looks amazing):

8 Likes

Just obtained for my wall collection (only the first one is a variant but they are the same theme and artist):

Nicola Scott + Gal Gadot = Happiness :sparkling_heart: :00_wonder_woman_gold:

10 Likes

Iā€™m liking this series but it reads so quick. This is my favorite cover so far,

9 Likes

My ā€œShiny, shiny!ā€ for this week:

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

Jamal Campbell is fast becoming a modern favorite artist of mine.

10 Likes

I must have these Rā€™as/Talia and Ives variants. :eyes: :purple_heart: Thx for the heads up on these Queen @Razzzcat. :smiley:

6 Likes

Dark Knights of Steel begins next Tuesday, so hereā€™s a few kingly variants from #1 and beyond to feast oneā€™s peepers on:

Joshua Middleton

Wayne Reynolds

Carla Cohen

#2, by Joshua Middleton

Joshua Middleton (Digginā€™ this one!)

1:25 by Yasmine Putri.

As for eye candy, I presentā€¦these, covers for upcoming issues of Wonder Girl:

Dan Mora

Jenny Frison (:heart: :heart:)

Matteo Scalara

Stanley ā€œArtgermā€ Lau

Matteo Scalara

Julian Totino Tedesco

I envy the cheetah jaguar (thanks, @Angel212! :superman_hv_4:) on her shoulder. :heart:

W. Scott Forbes

Jeff Dekal

10 Likes

I wish I could get this cover but I know I wonā€™t be able to. :broken_heart:

These are actually jaguars to illustrate her South American heritage - particularly the black one is evidence of this (black panthers are just jaguars or leopards with different coloration).

Sorry to be an animal nerd but I couldnā€™t help adding that. :wink:

Thatā€™s an awesome cover, thanks for sharing! Iā€™d love to get it to go with my Nubia/lion one. :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

Never fear, for thereā€™s always the trade route. Thatā€™s been my go-to for variants that are limited and likely sell for more than what the eventual trade will.

Donā€™t apologize. :slight_smile: I appreciate the correction, and have notated it above. :slight_smile:

Youā€™re welcome. Iā€™m always happy to spread the joy that is Yara. :heart_eyes:

Thatā€™s a good idea. As if I didnā€™t have incentive enough to already pick it up, the thematic similarity to the Nubia #1 variant is even more incentive. Good call! :superman_hv_4:

7 Likes

I canā€™t choose a favorite between these two. :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

For me, the variant with jaguars and Yara narrowly edges out the variant with her and Jerry.

Now @Shayera.Hol, are you like me and instantly thought of Rosario Dawson when you saw #8ā€™s variant? That pose just is Ms. Dawson as Ms. Flor, I feel.

I know, RD isnā€™t Brazilian (or is she? :man_shrugging:) but she just looks the part to a perfect degree.

5 Likes