šŸ¤© EyeCandy: DC Variant Covers/Artists Collection

The contact infoā€™s appreciated, but I doubt sheā€™d bother with small potatoes me. Thank you, though. :slight_smile:

drools and drools

To mostly quote Henry The Red from Army of Darkness, ā€œThank you, generous soul!ā€

tucks nifty variants away for later

Forā€¦morningā€¦reading material. Yes. :smirk:

Take that, crossword puzzle!

7 Likes

Not variants, but I have them handy for MTM :inkys_mixtape_mob2: :notes: Plz enjoy!

9 Likes

Some lovely covers by Michael Turner and Talent Caldwell to start the weekend right by:

Michael Turner (everything of his after Superman v2, #202 is a variant edition)

So much purple. :point_up:t2: :heart_eyes: :purple_heart: :purple_heart: :hugs:

Third printing variant (More purple! :hugs:). :point_down:t2:

Talent Caldwell

Fun Fact: This :point_up:t2: was the basis for one of my DCU avatars, circa '19 or so. I :heart: Charis Andrastea (the sword-wielding badass on the cover of each issue of Wildcats: Nemesis seen above).

10 Likes

I REALLY need to get this WW B&G #4 variant. If anyoneā€™s got the connect or solid comics sellerā€™s spots that they know of who are selling it, please tell me.

9 Likes

Just brought a mixed bag today. :purple_heart:Plz enjoy. And, ooh, thank you @Vroom! :star_struck:

(This one just ā€˜cause I like it$

And this :00_aquaman_rebirth::purple_heart:

10 Likes

@DC89 YES! That whole series has a TON of gorgeous variantsā€”I want them all :joy: great series too. You been reading it at all?

8 Likes

:star_struck: Agreed Queen @Razzzcat . So amazing!

Iā€™m collecting the series and have read issue 1 so far. :+1: :00_wonder_woman_gold:

5 Likes

Youā€™re quite welcome, @Razzzcat. Evidently, I was in the mood for purple, as all of my Superman-related picks featured that lovely color.

Jim Lee Hawkgirlā€¦oh, yeah. :00_hawkman: Iā€™m still bummed weā€™ll never get Mattelā€™s Multiverse iteration of this version of her (along with the Rebirth Black Canary and Mammoth andā€¦all of the others in what would have been one hell of an awesome wave of their Multiverse line).

Big Barda! **** yeah, my favorite female Fourth World character after Lashina. :hugs:

SN: Donā€™t call a Boom Tube a Boob Tube when youā€™re around Barda. Especially if youā€™re Flash. :flash_hv_5:

#OneofJLUsBest

:green_heart: Joā€™s been kicking ass in the current volume of Green Lantern. Iā€™m digginā€™ her. :00_lc_green_lantern:

I donā€™t like many of the initial variants for the Rebirth volume of Aquaman, but that oneā€¦well, its as Arthur himself said, ā€œI can dig it.ā€

ā€œWell duh, ya dork. Its Mera.ā€

Yes, yes it is Mera. :heart_eyes_cat:

8 Likes

That Barda cover is pretty badass. I :purple_heart: it. (Also: MORE BARDA!!)

:memo::face_with_monocle: Very good, sir. Iā€™ll have to check it out. Eventually. My reading list looks kinda like this :grinning:

10 Likes

Iā€¦donā€™t want to think of how large my reading list is.

If I do, Iā€™ll cries. :sob:

I see a book I want on the bottom of one of those piles, @Razzzcat. Do you mind if Iā€¦

crouches down and starts to pull on the book his four eyes have marked

Mā€™kay.

Why am I smoochinā€™ with Barda? Stop, me! Stop!

Speaking of Fourth World badassesā€¦Grail! :purple_heart:

ponders if Grail likes Kryptonians

7 Likes

This is a nice palate cleanser after The Clickbait That Shall Not Be Named.

(I wish I could get it too, @DC89, but I donā€™t have a good source to do so. I think Iā€™ll just be getting the collected edition whenever it comes out, which will hopefully have all the variants in the back.)

7 Likes

Meaning?

4 Likes

@Angel212 It better beā€”I have a whole rant for it, if not. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Donā€™t try to turn it into a big story down the line, DC!

6 Likes

The Justice League Infinity variant? Yeah, Iā€™ve seen that.

Darkseid wanting to be with WW happened at least two or three times in Super Friends, plus that variant is probably a throw-away, shock value variant, as some are.

If weā€™re talking about something else though, I may be at a loss, ATM.

4 Likes

Same here @Angel212- eBay vendors and my other spots are charging crazy:heavy_dollar_sign: for it. Thatā€™s why I donā€™t like buying variants via the web before they actually get released. So many of the sellers over-inflate pre-release pricing for minimal TD covers. Then the cover winds up either dropping in price/value by at least 50% 'cuz consumers give up trying to find them OR the artificial price boosting raises the value of the comic way past grade value and stays at that lofty price moving forward. So many of the Detective Comics #1000 variants wound up pricing out this way. :flushed:

4 Likes

Thereā€™s some clickbait that might amount to nothing, but this.

And yes, I have a LOT to say about it if it should not just be a stupid random thing. :face_with_monocle::purple_heart:

Speaking of thingsā€¦ :bat:

9 Likes

Oh yeah, the JLI variant I mentioned. :slight_smile:

Like I said, itā€™s probably a shock value thing that wonā€™t mean diddily, in the long run. Some variants are like that.

Iā€™m not saying that overrides strong feelings anyone has about it, certainly. Not by a longshot.

However, Iā€™ve seen enough of those ā€œshockingā€ variants over the years from every publisher where I just roll my eyes at their attempted ā€œshock valueā€, enjoy a good laugh to myself and move on to books I do like.

Besides, I highly doubt Diana will end up with Darkseid. Sheā€™s absolutely not falling for the gutter trash of the galaxy/Multiverse, as our lady is far, FAR too good for his ass, which deserves to be imprisoned in the Source Wall (again).

6 Likes

Oh absolutely. We never know if thatā€™s whatā€™s going on inside the book. I like when they are just for the sake of art sometimes, but every once in a while thereā€™s one that is justā€¦ cheap. And ew.:expressionless: And I hope goes no where. :purple_heart:

9 Likes

Yes, this is what I was referring to.

And yes, I will be joining the tirade with you if that happens, @Razzzcat. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Well, one thingā€™s for sure: The folks in the Marketing Department did their job, as weā€™re all talking about it, good or bad feelings, which will spur some to buy the issue and see whatā€™s inside.

I havenā€™t read Justice League Infinity yet, but again, I wouldnā€™t be surprised if Diana pulls a fast one on Darkseid and ends up giving him a good 'ol kick 'tween his stones (which are probably teeny, and would explain why heā€™s always such an overbearing @$$hole, 24/7) as he so rightfully deserves.

7 Likes