đŸ€© EyeCandy: DC Variant Covers/Artists Collection

It wasn’t :disappointed:. I forgot I switched from the one I was gonna get,(4 button pack) to a different one. The Poison Ivy button I originally ordered, was Alex Ross’ work. Looked very similar!!! But, I did get a surprise when I realized I forgot I switched it :smiley:
!!

7 Likes

BG BG BG! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :purple_heart: :yellow_heart: :purple_heart: :00_batgirl1: :0_batgirl: :birds_of_prey_club_oracle: :00_birds_of_prey:

11 Likes

Not a cover, but should be
usually don’t go for the “cartoonish” style
but I am kind of hooked on McGuinness
and
who doesn’t love Maxima??? (Superman 159)

10 Likes

Speaking of Maxima, here are two schway pieces of her by the late, great George Perez (her co-creator, along with Roger Stern):

First appearance:

A childhood fav of mine:

considers that, thanks to Action Comics #651, his former proclivity for redheads may in fact have been due to Maxima when he first saw her during his childhood

Most definitely a possibility. :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Ian Churchill (a sorely underrated talent) goodness:

Greg Rucka Supergirl! :point_down:t2:

10 Likes

Brought another mixed bag, plz enjoy. :purple_heart: And thanks to @Vroom & @TheRealDetectiveChimp for the new additions!

13 Likes

Awesome Nathan Szerdy variant.

I’m bringing some more future Catwoman covers tonight.

Catwoman 45 (7/19)

JeeHyung Lee

Carla Cohen

Jenny Frison

Sozomaika (1:25)

Some bonus stuff, not really variants but are great mock-ups. Ten years ago artist Jamie Tyndall created his first magazine cover mock-up of Wonder Woman on Rolling Stone. This is that cover.

This past week he updated it for the 10th anniversary.

14 Likes

Smallville (CW)

Supergirl (CW)

:00_superman1: :00_supergirl_arrowverse:

8 Likes

Wow, just made it through all of these and those are some Amazing Covers. I don’t have any that pretty to put up yet, so I’ll just post what I believe was the first DC Variant Cover.

10 Likes

Got this one! :smiley: #BGs

9 Likes

Another redhead femme fatale.

8 Likes

Nicely notated! :+1:t2:

To go with those LA TV appearances of Maxima, I’ll mention her very first TV appearance, from the DCAU in STAS S2, E24 “Warrior Queen” (voiced by Sharon Lawrence):

I love fiercely badass women and redheads (and how :blush:), but you can’t treat my guy like that, Maxima! Go for Lobo instead, as he loves the rough stuff. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

SN: While a character named Neila was on Superboy, she’s more akin to Maxima-ish than the real deal, similar to Galatea and her Power Girl-ish nature on Justice League Unlimited.

Two great tastes that go together.

Fun Fact: Childhood me learned what “femme fatale” meant thanks to CBS’ behind the scenes look at Batman Forever, which aired during commercial segments of their broadcast of Batman in June 1995, shortly after Batman Forever’s theatrical debut.

Thanks to CBS’ BTS look at BF, Chase Meridian and “femme fatale” were and are forever linked as one in my mental sponge, and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Catwoman + tattoos (especially DCAU tats)=:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

But of course! :superman_hv_4:

tips his Superman coffee mug Razzz’s way

8 Likes

I wanted to like this, but the fact that she’s basically undressing in front of us honestly turns my stomach. Just
so unnecessary. :nauseated_face:

Why not just stop with the cool ripped jeans and glasses look? That on it’s own is amazing! :star_struck:

13 Likes

This^^^ :raised_hands:

I liked the post 'cuz I like @AK_Bandit. I really don’t like this depction of Diana tho. It flies in the face of everything she represents. Also- The “Girls” of DC? Yeah, that’s not cool. I haven’t been a girl since I turned twenty-one. From that point on I’ve been a woman.

12 Likes

I like @AK_Bandit too - this definitely wasn’t meant to be an attack on them! They always share amazing variants (and Funko Pops :wink:) that make me smile. :blush:

This is just a criticism of the artwork itself. Diana is beautiful, and I love seeing her beauty depicted. Sometimes though, I think artists forget that these characters also deserve their dignity. (And yeah, obviously it’s kinda intrinsically against what Wonder Woman is a symbol of to be hypersexualized in this way.)

:raised_hands:

I definitely laughed at the headline “How to find your invisible jet without keys” though. The struggle is real. :rofl:

12 Likes

@AK_Bandit- :hugs:

10 Likes

You are wonderful, @AK_Bandit. I’m sorry if anything I said came across any other way. Text-based convos are hard for this type of stuff sometimes. :pleading_face:

10 Likes

Anyone up for a little Nicola Scott spotlight? I always am.

11 Likes

Droppin’ some stuff by one of my all-time favs, David Finch:

Happy Fourth of July, everyone! :us: :fireworks: :point_down:t2:

11 Likes

DC89 pivots to Starfire channeling mode

It is the Starfire, the Rae Rae, and the Rose Wilson! The hooray!

:00_teen_titans: :star: :fire: :0_raven: :rose:

10 Likes