šŸ¤© EyeCandy: DC Variant Covers/Artists Collection

This is a nice palate cleanser after The Clickbait That Shall Not Be Named.

(I wish I could get it too, @DC89, but I donā€™t have a good source to do so. I think Iā€™ll just be getting the collected edition whenever it comes out, which will hopefully have all the variants in the back.)

7 Likes

Meaning?

4 Likes

@Angel212 It better beā€”I have a whole rant for it, if not. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Donā€™t try to turn it into a big story down the line, DC!

6 Likes

The Justice League Infinity variant? Yeah, Iā€™ve seen that.

Darkseid wanting to be with WW happened at least two or three times in Super Friends, plus that variant is probably a throw-away, shock value variant, as some are.

If weā€™re talking about something else though, I may be at a loss, ATM.

4 Likes

Same here @Angel212- eBay vendors and my other spots are charging crazy:heavy_dollar_sign: for it. Thatā€™s why I donā€™t like buying variants via the web before they actually get released. So many of the sellers over-inflate pre-release pricing for minimal TD covers. Then the cover winds up either dropping in price/value by at least 50% 'cuz consumers give up trying to find them OR the artificial price boosting raises the value of the comic way past grade value and stays at that lofty price moving forward. So many of the Detective Comics #1000 variants wound up pricing out this way. :flushed:

4 Likes

Thereā€™s some clickbait that might amount to nothing, but this.

And yes, I have a LOT to say about it if it should not just be a stupid random thing. :face_with_monocle::purple_heart:

Speaking of thingsā€¦ :bat:

9 Likes

Oh yeah, the JLI variant I mentioned. :slight_smile:

Like I said, itā€™s probably a shock value thing that wonā€™t mean diddily, in the long run. Some variants are like that.

Iā€™m not saying that overrides strong feelings anyone has about it, certainly. Not by a longshot.

However, Iā€™ve seen enough of those ā€œshockingā€ variants over the years from every publisher where I just roll my eyes at their attempted ā€œshock valueā€, enjoy a good laugh to myself and move on to books I do like.

Besides, I highly doubt Diana will end up with Darkseid. Sheā€™s absolutely not falling for the gutter trash of the galaxy/Multiverse, as our lady is far, FAR too good for his ass, which deserves to be imprisoned in the Source Wall (again).

6 Likes

Oh absolutely. We never know if thatā€™s whatā€™s going on inside the book. I like when they are just for the sake of art sometimes, but every once in a while thereā€™s one that is justā€¦ cheap. And ew.:expressionless: And I hope goes no where. :purple_heart:

9 Likes

Yes, this is what I was referring to.

And yes, I will be joining the tirade with you if that happens, @Razzzcat. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Well, one thingā€™s for sure: The folks in the Marketing Department did their job, as weā€™re all talking about it, good or bad feelings, which will spur some to buy the issue and see whatā€™s inside.

I havenā€™t read Justice League Infinity yet, but again, I wouldnā€™t be surprised if Diana pulls a fast one on Darkseid and ends up giving him a good 'ol kick 'tween his stones (which are probably teeny, and would explain why heā€™s always such an overbearing @$$hole, 24/7) as he so rightfully deserves.

7 Likes

Exactly. #GutterTrash is right! :laughing: It makes no sense, thatā€™s why itā€™s cheap and stupid. Honestly, I can think of better villains if they want to write that story, so itā€™s not even funny or interesting as a variant! smh :facepalm_catwoman: I donā€™t get it.

[edit] The marketing people should make better decisions than relying on drama all the time, or fishing for free ideas from the Internet like that. Likeā€¦ really?

Anyway!! Hereā€™s a thingā€”enjoy! :wink:

:purple_heart:

10 Likes

Yes maā€™am, I have/will/shall enjoy!

gawks at Jim Leeā€™s gorgeous art, then goes to recreate the scene with figures from Mattel, DC Collectibles and Spin Master

SN: 1,990 Cool Points to anyone who names the movie I pulled ā€œgutter trashā€ from. :cowboy_hat_face:

8 Likes

:heart_eyes:

(Apologies if this is a repeat, I didnā€™t see it posted before.)

9 Likes

My will in holding off on Wonder Woman: Black and Gold is cracking, as more and more art is shown here.

Notes that heā€™ll have 3 openings in his pull list in the next month

What to doā€¦

puts on his Thinking Cap while thinking thoughts akin to ā€œThe trade is still highly enticing however, since it will feature the variants.ā€

6 Likes

Isnā€™t Friday next month, just sayinā€¦ :grin:

You know you WANT to

6 Likes

Yeahā€¦like I havenā€™t heard that before. Heh. :smirk:

Notes, for the record, that he hasnā€™t. At least in situations that he wants to hear it in, at least.

4 Likes

Arriving 9/28

Action Comics 1035

Batman / Superman 22 Gary Frank variant

Robin 6 Francis Manapul variant

Harley Quinn 7 Kael Ngu variant

Detective Comics 1043 Kael Ngu variant

Lee Bermejo variant

Deathstroke Inc 1 Dima Ivanov variant

Ken Lashley variant

Francesco Mattina variant

8 Likes

Iā€™m not buying it, but the Action #1035 variant has a nifty Norman Rockwell-esque quality.

6 Likes

The Harley Quinn Eat Bang Kill Tour issue #1 variant by Zoe Lacchei

10 Likes

DANG.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

8 Likes