🤩 EyeCandy: DC Variant Covers/Artists Collection

Well maybe this will help. Those covers make great phone wallpapers.

Here they are for you to enjoy until the trade releases.

10 Likes

slides a gaggle of Cool Points AKB’s way

Bless you, kind sir. :superman_hv_3:

Since I mentioned it earlier, here’s some tasty eye candy by Jim “The Man” Lee for Dark Crisis #1:

10 Likes

Dropping the majority of the white background covers that came out in January 2011:

CC: @millernumber1 :point_up:t2:

CC: @capo-mage :point_up:t2:

CC: @Shayera.Hol :point_up:t2:

CC: @Razzzcat :point_up:t2:

CC: @MatthewHecht :point_up:t2:

CC: Me. :point_up:t2: :sunglasses:

CC: @Kon-El-Prime :point_up:t2:

CC: @Pow-Pow :point_up:t2:

CC: @Bar-El :point_up:t2:

CC: @Angel212 @SteveTrevor2.0 :point_up:t2:

These two were originally solicited for the white cover collection in January of '11…

…but they were both delayed, and came out after January (February for GL, March for BI), which resulted in the above cover art (that was going to be used for the regular, white background covers, had both books not been delayed) being used for variant covers, while their regular covers ultimately sported different art.

13 Likes

I never liked the art from JSA All-Stars in spite of loving so much of the cast.

12 Likes

Kicking ass on-screen…

…and on the page!

Available June 21st:

Available July 5th:

Available September 20th:

10 Likes

This is such a great one, and I am not just saying that because Stargirl is on it (but that does help).

9 Likes

That cover (whose print edition has both lenticular and non-lenticular covers) is so nice that it inspired Mattel to produce this (available at Walmart, right now):

Disclosure: My fingers are not those seen above. :sunglasses:

9 Likes

I see what you did there :wink:

8 Likes

That Steel cover is badass. I don’t remember it at all.

8 Likes

I have an Azrael figure from this line. I’m quite proud of the tiny thing. It took a while to get ahold of.

Edit: Everything I just said sounds very, very wrong.

7 Likes

It is neat.

All of those covers (along with the ones I didn’t post) are special to me, as I had a lot of fun piecing together that collection as it came out. January of 2011 was a good time.

I…I don’t know of what you speak, sir. Clearly. :full_moon_with_face::face_in_clouds:

Released as part of a Walmart exclusive Batman-themed wave of single-carded figures during the Christmas season of 2019. He is indeed the cutest JPV Batman ever made, no doubt.

Also @Kon-El-Prime, here’s AzBats with his other Walmart buddies:

11 Likes

Okay, seriously? Diana was literally just resurrected in her own book, I really don’t need this again. :angry:

11 Likes

Diana’s not in Dark Crisis #1 (not a spoiler) so rest easy. :wink:

That cover is a Yara Flor-rific tribute to this cover…

…which was drawn by George Perez.

The Dark Crisis piece is a neat cover, in that it references the OG Crisis, but its sad in that it reminds us that Mr. Perez is no longer with us. :cry:

10 Likes

Thank you for that reassurance, sir. :pray: :blush:

I thought it probably was referring to that cover! I don’t think it comes close to the emotional impact of that original, but it’s a nice tribute. :black_heart:

9 Likes

I have that little Azbats! I also have a great pack of historical costumes from the line, too!

9 Likes

Any cover with Yara is quite nice. I hope that one will be in the DC trade.

Ah, an Imaginext enthusiast, eh? The hits just keep on coming with you, don’t they? :nerd_face:

SN: Still reading Batgirl. Just…got behind…thanks to new comics. Yes…that will do. Hee-hee-hee. :smiling_imp:

9 Likes

Well, they have beautiful Cassanda Cain, Helena Bertinelli, and Luke Fox action figures! How could I not be an enthusiast? Just hoping for a Steph figure one of these days!

8 Likes

You do have these (pics from eBay, BTW), yes?

Mattel

DC Multiverse (the precursor to McFarlane’s Multiverse line)

Batman Missions (the below is in the 12-inch scale)

Spin Master

Batman (formerly “Batman: The Caped Crusader”)

The above is 4-inches tall and pretty damn sweet, got to say.

7 Likes

I don’t have those nice looking figures - my collection is pretty small. But they look amazing! I did get the Imaginext small version of JimBats! I kinda wish I could get the huge playset version of him, but it’s so big and hard to justify that much storage space.

7 Likes

Cool beans!

I’ve had that one since last Christmas, and I just opened it a couple days ago. It was on a wall of carded/packaged figures and I thought “What the heck? I’ll pop it open.”

Its on my desk right now, as we speak.

“Are you going to take a picture?”

Nope. I never lie and am 100% trustworthy, ALWAYS. :slight_smile:

Edit: Darn you, @millernumber1! :nerd_face:

shakes fist playfully

Now I must (I must! :point_up:t2: :face_with_monocle:) post JimBats eye candy (with my guy beside him, of course):

12 Likes