🤩 EyeCandy: DC Variant Covers/Artists Collection

I really, really dig this one. Probably enough to get it and finally pull the trigger on the Harley Amano cover.

6 Likes

Got my variant covers for Superman ‘78 #3 & #4:

9 Likes

Those were so gorgeous. I got the main cover for the first issue, but gotten all of the variants of the other issues. The Lee Weeks one for #3 is particularly heartstoppingly gorgeous.

5 Likes

Cool pick-ups, @chintzybeatnik! :ok_hand:t2:

The only Superman '78 variant I’ve snagged was this one, for #2:

I snagged it due to the fact that its from the scene in Superman: The Movie where Superman is lifting up the San Andreas Fault.

Speaking of variants for this series, I’m digging this one for #5 (by Jamal Campbell):

Whether on purpose or by coincidence, the above is similar to the lenticular cover of Superman Forever.

10 Likes

I don’t buy a lot of physical single issues anymore but I went all out for Batman ‘89 and Superman ‘78 and grabbed all the “regular” variants for both.

7 Likes

Brought some Suicide Squad I stumbled across… :purple_heart:

9 Likes

AND! DC vs Vampires! :eyes: Anyone check this out? Not bad so far. :purple_heart:

Think I’m going to have to get this one on principle :00_wonder_woman_gold: :00_harley_quinn: :white_check_mark:

9 Likes

I hadn’t seen these @Razzzcat and they intrigued me to look for more.

This pays homage to the cover of The Batman Adventures 12.

9 Likes

My pull list requires other books be added to it, so I’ll probably check DCvV out when it begins coming to DCUI.

However, these

…will most definitely be checked out (and renewed, again and again :smiling_imp:).

notes that he never realized a Kryptonian vampire could stir him so

7 Likes

Vampires you say. Well… I wonder if a certain love of mine will show up, then I’ll be completely weak, if you know what I mean :wink:

6 Likes

Your guy’s in Task Force Z, so he’s in at least one current mini-series that features the undead.

6 Likes

Thank you! If I’m honest, I haven’t been closely following current comics in… awhile. I barely have time to read much, but I so want to reread Red Hood and the Outlaws Rebirth before I read my new books I bought that I have yet to read.

6 Likes

Did you catch your dude in Batman: Three Jokers?

On another note…

I saw some of the DCvV variants yesterday and NGL, I was close to picking up a couple for ****s and giggles, but I was a good boy and resisted.

That Kara variant, though…

pulls on shirt collar in an effort to calm down

Now, if there’s a Power Girl-centric variant, then…

loses train of thought and sits back, as his eyes roll into his head and all sense of rational thought temporarily leaves his brain

Vampire. Karen. Starr. Yaaasssss. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

snaps back to his rational, normal self

What happened? Is it hot in here to anyone else?

heads to the office water cooler for a drink

4 Likes

I did, the announcements for it made it too big for me to miss, so I waited until it finished and watched Comicstorian’s complete story video on it. I’d say around the time DCeased and the spin-off stuff came out was when I started to take a hiatus from reading because I got busy with school and many other things. Everyonce and awhile I’ll get to read a few pages of new books that I have, but there was a time where I would read an entire story arch in one day and would ask myself, “Okay, what do I read now?”

5 Likes

I’d recommend you read it, when time allows. Summary videos are…okay (depending on the source), but its clearly not the same as actually reading the work for yourself.

Heck, I’m reading it right now. We could compare notes!

has had the trade for months, and is only now on #2

Some speed reader I am…:smirk:

5 Likes

A couple variants for Dark Knights of Steel #5:

Joshua Middleton

The lady with the bow and arrow, could that be Amythyst (she’d fit in this book perfectly)? I know Dinah/BC was introduced in #1, but on the above, she’s in the background and looks a bit different from the woman in the foreground, so…

Ejikure (1:25)

@Razzzcat might want the above, IDK. Just a hunch. :grin: :00_harlivy:

10 Likes

World’s Finest #1 covers! :star_struck: :star_struck:

Regular cover, by Dan Mora.

Variants

Jim Lee :hearts:

Jason Fabok :hugs:

Artgerm :heart_eyes_cat:

@millernumber1 :point_up:t2: Now we know which book that cover is with! :partying_face:

Lee Weeks

Seinfeld, by Dan Mora.

Evan Shaner

Chip Zdarsky Slap Battle A cover

Slap Battle B cover (also by Zdarsky)

It’d be great if the Jim Lee, Fabok, Artgerm and Weeks variants were all available at cover (I won’t be surprised if they’re not), because I wants them. :nerd_face:

Trial of the Amazons #1 covers (paging @Angel212):

Jim Cheung A cover

Rose Besch B cover

Jen Bartel C cover (wraparound)

Trial of the Amazons: Wonder Girl #1 (Yara! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: )

10 Likes

That Steph/Kara cover is SO GREAT!

Also, Nicola Scott did an amazing variant for Wonder Woman #785!

12 Likes

Love that WW variant! I might snag it if it’s not limited.

6 Likes

:star_struck: Michael Turner covers from The Flash v2 :star_struck: to schtuff into your eye candy stockings:

One of my all-time favorite Flash covers. :point_down:t2:

Here’s some :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Goddess Mode :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:-flavored eye candy:

How 'bout that #1 variant, :point_up:t2: Stjepan Sejic fans? :star_struck:

6 Likes