🤩 EyeCandy: DC Variant Covers/Artists Collection

! @Vroom American Alien was just a collection of great covers. I loved the Manapul one but I don’t think this has been posted:

And since it’s not as eye candy as some folks might want … have some sexy Sook pen and ink art on this cover for Blue & Gold:

And a collection of Sook covers from his recent (2020) LoSH run:

11 Likes

Good stuff, especially the Blue and Gold piece! :+1:t2:

Here’s some schway Booster Gold eye candy to start Sunday off with:

SN: We miss you, Ms. Butler. :point_up:t2: Fresh Ink (and the good era of G4) endures. :heart:

8 Likes

Again, not really eye candy, save that it’s Diana and she always looks good, but here’s another pen and ink cover, this one clearly by Jim Lee, which was for the 2010 decade variant of the 750 anniversary issue of Wonder Woman released two years ago.

Here’s a Julian Tedesco variant for the 80th Robin Anniversary release.

A Frank Cho from 2020 for the release of WW '84

And finally, Sun Khamunaki did a couple of definitely eye candy/sexy variants for the recent DCeased War of the Undead Gods special issues:

12 Likes

1970 February Justice League by Darwyn Cooke

8 Likes

The series of recent swimsuit variants by DC were fun:

Supergirl by Stanley Lau (Action 1046)

Black Adam from this year’s mini, by Emanuela Lupacchino

Dick, by Nicola Scott (Nightwing 95)

Nubia from her mini, by Derek Chew

^
EDITED to add

9 Likes

No, that is Superman. His cousin is just photobombing it.

7 Likes

When that image was posted in the solicitations thread at a certain image board ‘forum,’ a lot of people didn’t notice, much less realize that was Clark until someone said, ‘duh, look at the belt on his trunk’

8 Likes

So they are the opposite of the DC reddit? Interesting.

I shall brood on this.

8 Likes

I have mixed feelings about the comic book and other DC related subs at reddit. There are way too many where should I start questions, way too many fan castings that are genuinely never going to happen, and just want too much ‘join our cult or else.’

And people make posts to discuss comics but it really doesn’t happen.

The best things are the live watch comment threads but now that the DCW is KILL, that’s a thing of the past.

7 Likes

Speaking of Artgerm! Batgirls #14 variant - SO GORGEOUS!

12 Likes

:star_struck:

WANT.

9 Likes

SAME. I must have it to add to my Artgerm Batgirl collection! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

8 Likes

Same

8 Likes

catwoman 50 variant by nathan szerdy, pre flashpoint sirens:

16 Likes

Szerdy seems to be getting a lot of work this past year!

8 Likes

I’ll always go out of my way to pick up Jenny Frison covers! I think I first noticed her work on The Wicked + The Divine or Red Sonja, but she’s done some of my favorite images of Catwoman and some other Bat-verse characters, too. Always gorgeous work that adds something special to an issue.

14 Likes

Absolutely loving this cover! Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Ivy…:heart_eyes:

So, art! Here’s a spiffy variant (on-sale next Tuesday) to start the week by:

These go on-sale the 22nd:

13 Likes

I was not thrilled with the idea of Kon in the Suicide Squad, which turned out to be Match. So here’s a collection of variants of Not Kon’s (including the New 52 version, which finally got referred to as Kon by a lazy writer in a later script, which I am not counting), and the Crime Syndicate, Earth 3 version of Superboy:

12 Likes