Expansion of library?

Currently the comic library is pretty weak. By that I mean there are a lot of series that have only one issue in them. It seems that there are no new releases coming out to expand the library. Does anyone know if DC is doing anything to expand the library or what the plan is? I would love to see this be able to compete with Marvel Unlimited in the comic library, but it is sadly a far cry from that now. It seems like they are going for digital content with comics falling to the wayside. Any ideas or know any info about bettering the comic book library?

2 Likes

We’re hearing from one of the moderators here that hopefully even early January we’re going to get word on the revision of the comic Library based on our input.

One of the other moderators recently asked each of us what 5 series we would like to see added.

This may all be smoke and mirrors from a much higher level in DC Warner, but hey many of us here plunked down the money for 15 months so we’re going to ride this snow sleigh till we get to the big Avalanche one way or the other.

4 Likes

See the “comics on DCU” thread below.

1 Like

I was knocked out of everything but comics & tv & I read so many it’s ridiculous & there’s so many good ones. I read from time I woke up till I fell asleep, from Xmas eve till today. So many good ones if u just read em. I’m on Starman now it’s incredible. Superboy & the legion all 103 issues of legends of the dark knight. I could fill a pg with how many great ones are on here. I actually got scared that I was gonna read everything on here & not have anything left so I get why u feel that way. However, I put in ridiculous amounts of reading & I’m nowhere near done with even what I wanna read next, let alone being stuck w/o anything to read. I’m sure they’ll add more, in fact I remember seeing a thread from the mods mentioning adding more & they were great ones.

3 Likes

@GuardianB, we do plan to make changes to the service with the coming new year to better accommodate the community’s feedback. What @Don-El mentioned about asking for content requests is true, as well, and I wanted to reach out to ask for yours if you’d like to add specific ones to the list here: https://www.dcuniverse.com/community/boards/comics/top-5-comic-bookscomic-se_1

3 Likes

I can see where people have criticism for the comic book library, but it’s hardly a small amount of comic books. I’d say unless you are someone who reads dozens of comic books a day like that one guy a couple comment above me, you will never run out of comics to read in the library. Unless I’m greatly mistaken, they have been rotating out which comics are available.

I do agree having so many series with only one issue is rather silly. Why even include them in that case, and I think some sort of alphabetical or character specific sorting mechanism would be nice.

2 Likes

I’ve got no problem with the size of the collection, just the method of curating what’s available and isn’t. A thousand or so books available at a time is plenty if you have a business model in mind: encourage the newbies, support the die hard, build up interest in this character or that one. The size only becomes a problem when you’re trying to please everyone at once. I don’t think it’s possible to identify the target audience for this collection as it is right now.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve heard an announcement coming before january is up

1 Like