EXCLUSIVE MEMBER DISCOUNT: 10% Off Immersive DC Experience - Fine Dining At Home, Served in a Mother Box!

I’m guessing it’s a red LED that fixes to the side of a glass. I’ve seen cocktail/other drinks glasses with LED lights in the bottom.

Yeah, it was $170 for me and that definitely threw me off. Sorry DC, I greatly appreciate the discount and opportunity but just can’t justify spending that for this in particular.

4 Likes

The price is definitely steep and obviously not within everybody’s financial range. But having been a chef the last 12 years as well as worked in catering, this isn’t a bad deal all things considered. This is purely fan service. And fan service on this level and this authentic is worth a good chunk of change in itself. Where else and how could you ever say you had an official DC Big Belly Burger. No where. Not only that but the fact that they’ve prepared all this (assumingely) to order, meaning everything should be fresh and delicious. If that’s the case then it is a hard deal to pass up, even if it is out of my price range. I’m thinking I might tell the family and see if we all want to chip in.

4 Likes

Try this go in half with your mates the boxes a built for two people. It would help to bring these delicious items to everyone’s table. My opinion of course …

2 Likes

It’s not just the cost. I recently bought a SecretLab office chair for $400 because they partnered with DC and it’s designed after the Joker. Trust me, if these foodstuffs had a villain theme I would gladly spend the $170. Alternatively, I would’ve gladly spent less (I was expecting ~$117) for food themed after these hero characters. It’s all about marketing. I’ll pay more for my favorites.

2 Likes

Agreed - and I like the fact that the recipe comes with the Big Belly Burger so I can make my own again and again and again and use the Big Belly Burger Box to serve/present it in! Same with the Ocean Trench fish and chips for Aquaman. I’ll also have a pretty good idea of how to make a coffee drink just like the official DC Jitters coffee that they send me.

Those things, plus the collectibles that I will re-use over and over and over again, made this worth the money to me but I completely understand why others would think this was too much to spend.

3 Likes

Agreed. I have the dark knight version of that chair and you’re totally right when it comes to support your favorites (or caving in because of that). I also agree that they should’ve had at least a hero’s and villains edition to choose from. That would’ve been cool. Even character boxes would’ve been cool. Maybe in the future they could do DC City boxes, where the food is from those city’s. Now I’m just getting greedy.

2 Likes

That is a really awesome idea!!! I hope they see this and take it into consideration. Also the character boxes sound fun too. Especially since some characters have notable favorite foods.

4 Likes

That’s what I was thinking! A Gotham Box, Metropolis, Central City, even a Themyscira, or Atlantis box would be awesome!

2 Likes

Maybe as a veggie option, they could have offered that mock turtle soup (or “toitle soup” depending on how your tongue functions) that was made on DC Daily! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

We fans are suckers for this kind of stuff! There was a pop up experience called The Max based on Saved by the Bell. The food was pricey and not memorable but it was a fun nostalgic experience. With no comic cons taking my money, this will be an enjoyable treat. I’m a chef as well and the i don’t think it’s too pricey relative to dining out, but let’s see how it taste. If you don’t hear from me, the Mother Box has gotten ahold of me and I’m hanging out with Darkseid.

5 Likes

I’m thinking about getting a couple of these for the big day!

1 Like

It has arrived!

5 Likes