Everything You Need to Know About Batman/Fortnite: Foundation!

GENERAL INFO

Batman/Fortnite: Foundation is available on DC Universe Infinite as of today, September 1st 2022. This is a one-shot issue, meaning that there are no more issues to release after this one.

Batman/Fortnite: Foundation includes a redeemable code for the digital skin: The Batman Who Laughs that you can use in Fortnite to terrify your opponents. All subscribers to DC Universe Infinite will receive the comic as part of their regular subscription including the bonus code.

For more info on the collaboration, you can check here:

HOW DO I GET THE CODE?

Any DC UNIVERSE INFINITE subscriber who has an active subscription and is not currently in their free trial will be able to access the comics the day they are released and will receive the code via email after reading the comic. Please allow for up to 24 hours to receive the email with your bonus code. If you happened to get a secondary code sent to you, please use the most recent code sent.

Please note that the bonus codes will be distributed to paid subscribers only. Users currently in their free trial of 7 days who have read the comic will not be sent the code until they are charged.

Example - User signs up on 9/1/22 and starts free trial, User reads book on 9/1/22, User will not receive code until 9/8/22 when free trial ends.

Please note if you have cancelled your free trial prior to transitioning to a paid subscriber, you will not receive a code.

If you qualify for the code, but have not received it, please reach out to our Customer Support team.

MY CODE IS COMING BACK AS ALREADY REDEEMED, WHAT DO?

If you received an error message when entering your code or it is saying that the code had already been redeemed, please check your inbox for an updated email with a new code. Again, please make sure you are using the most recent code that has been sent to you.

If you continue to receive errors with the codes you have been provided either by email or a previous support ticket with us, please reach out to Epic Games via Epic Games Technical Support & Customer Service | Epic Games for further assistance.

If you have not received any code, you are a paid subscriber and not in your free trial, please contact Customer Support and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Please allow up to 24 hours to receive a response.

CAN I UPGRADE TO A PAID VERSION PRIOR TO THE FREE TRIAL ENDING TO RECEIVE MY CODE NOW?

We apologize for the inconvenience, but you’ll need to wait until after the free trial has ended and you’ve been billed to receive your code…

Upon this, you’ll want to make sure you read the comic to the end, and you will receive the code after via an email from updates@updates.dcuniverseinfinite.com with the subject, “Your Batman/Fortnite: Foundation Bonus Code”.

Please check your other inbox folders, aside from the main folder and ensure that it didn’t go to your spam folder.

HOW DO I CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION?

If you would like to cancel your account, please see the following article for steps on how to do so:

How To Cancel

I CURRENTLY HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION AND AM HAVING AN ISSUE READING COMICS.

We recommend deleting and reinstalling the app on your device to ensure that you are using the latest version. Also, check that your device is up-to-date. If you continue to run into any issues, confirm the device (model and version) you are using. Screenshots of any errors you may be seeing are appreciated. Please reply back here and once we have the requested information, we will gladly look into this further for you.

Should you have another issue that is not covered above, please reply back and we will get back to you as soon as possible and again thank you for your patience as we work to resolve all inquiries.

COMMON TROUBLESHOOTING

• Confirm: Are you a paid member of DC UNIVERSE INFINITE? (This means you did not choose the +7-Day Free Trial option on the payment page.)

• Have you read BATMAN/FORTNITE: FOUNDATION #1 to the very last page to trigger the code? You should only have to do this once.

• A few creative solutions:

• Check your ad-blockers (NEW!:sparkles: )

• Clear your cache
    • Try a new browser (Using Chrome? Try Safari, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge)
  • Have you allowed up to 24 hours to receive the e-mail?

• Have you checked your Spam/Social/Promotions folders in your inbox?

• Have you searched your e-mail inbox for Batman/Fortnite? The e-mail will come from updates@updates.dcuniverseinfinite.com and the subject line is
    Your Batman/Fortnite: Foundation Bonus Code.

If you’ve tried all of this and still nothing, it’s best you submit a ticket to our Customer Support team at Submit a request – DC Universe Help Center . :point_right: Be sure to tell them you tried all of the above! :point_left: Otherwise, you’ll just repeat yourself, and that’s even less fun than the fun you’re currently having.

:batparrot: PLEASE NOTE: COMMUNITY MODERATORS WILL NOT BE DISTRIBUTING CODES. YOU MUST REACH OUT TO CUSTOMER SUPPORT TO RECEIVE FURTHER ASSISTANCE. :batparrot:

Directly from the bestselling, groundbreaking Batman/Fortnite: Zero Point miniseries, comes an oversized one-shot that brings the action from the island to Gotham City. If you thought the Batman/Fortnite saga was over, think again…it only gets bigger from here!

But while you know Batman (if you’re reading this, we’re presuming that’s a safe bet) you may not yet know Fortnite. We’ve got you covered—along with all the details on how to redeem your DC-themed Fortnite digital items thanks to a FAQ from our friends at Fortnite.

Fortnite is a Pretty Big Deal

Fortnite is a completely free cross-platform game where players fight to be the last one standing in Battle Royale, join forces to make their own Creative games, or catch a live show with their friends at Party Royale. With more than 350 million accounts globally and an enthusiastic fanbase, players can jump into the action on PlayStation, Xbox, Switch, Android, PC and Mac.

But What’s Batman Doing Here?

He’s trying to figure that out himself. As Batman/Fortnite: Zero Point #1 starts, a mysterious crack appears in the Gotham City sky, threatening reality itself. Batman—along with some other familiar DC faces—is pulled into it, with the Dark Knight waking up in the unfamiliar world of Fortnite with no memory and no choice other than to fight his way out.

Who’s the Fish Guy?

That’s Fishstick, one of the many visually distinctive and fan-favorite Fortnite characters to appear in Batman/ Fortnite: Zero Point .

This Isn’t the First DC/Fortnite Collaboration

While Batman/Fortnite: Zero Point is the first comic book collaboration between DC and Fortnite, there’s a history here, as the game has previously offered players in-game outfits of DC characters including Batman, Aquaman, Catwoman, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, the Joker and more.

FAQ:

I downloaded the Batman/ Fortnite: Zero Point digital comic from a 3rd Party site (Comixology, Comics App on Google Play)! Can I still get my bonus digital codes for the cosmetic items?

Sorry, the digital comic offer is limited to print issues and to paid subscribers of DC UNIVERSE INFINITE who are not in a free trial period.

How do I redeem my code for my bonus digital item?

1. Visit fortnite.com/redeem.
  2. Select Your Preferred Platform or “Sign In With Epic Games” if you already have an Epic Account.
  3. Verify that you are logged into the correct account.
  4. You should see a display name in the upper right corner of the screen.
  5. Enter or copy/paste the code as-is into the “Enter Access Code” text field.
  6. Select “REDEEM."
  7. Verify the item you are redeeming and select “ACTIVATE."
  8. Launch Fortnite with the same Epic account.
  9. Select Battle Royale.
  10. Upon loading in, you will receive a gift box showing your unlocked cosmetics. You can select EQUIP or CLAIM to close. Cosmetics will then be available in your Locker.

I’m not located in a country where the comic book will be available. Can I still get the The Batman Who Laughs Outfit and the other digital items from the series?

Yes, The Batman Who Laughs has been in the store multiple times already and will likely appear again before the end of the year!

I’m in an eligible country. How do I sign up for a DC UNIVERSE INFINITE subscription?

Visit DC UNIVERSE INFINITE at http://www.dcuniverseinfinite.com and follow the on-screen instructions to set up your account. You will be charged $7.99 USD/month or $74.99 USD/year, as selected by you, plus applicable taxes. Your subscription will auto-renew each month/year, as selected by you, at the then-current subscription rate unless you cancel before the renewal date. DC will not issue refunds once your paid subscription begins. Instructions to cancel your DC UNIVERSE INFINITE subscription are here . DC UNIVERSE INFINITE is open to residents of U.S., Canada, U.K., Australia and New Zealand and is not intended for children. Be sure to check out Warner Bros. Terms of Use and Warner Bros. Privacy Policy for full Terms and Conditions. Please note that the bonus codes for Batman/Fortnite: Zero Point are not included as part of the DC UNIVERSE INFINITE free trial. If you are a new DC UNIVERSE INFINITE subscriber and you wish to skip the free trial period, sign up here and select the monthly or annual option that does not include the free trial period.

Are you ready for this next instalment in this epic Battle Royale crossover? Get reading and then take the fight to your opponents as The Batman Who Laughs!

14 Likes

I received a code but when I inputted it it came back with error. I don’t know what to do. Can someone help!

2 Likes

Our customer support team is aware of this issue and are working to resolve it. Please reach out to them here with details of your issue so that they may assist you.

Again, please be aware that the community moderators are not able to provide codes. Any questions or concerns regarding Fortnite codes should be directed to the CS team. Thank you!

2 Likes

This is great that the comic and code are finally on DCUI. Sure would have been nice to know it was coming, even with a one year delay, last year. At that time, we were told it was NOT coming to DCUI, and we would need to go buy the comic at retail. Guess I won’t believe that line again.

2 Likes