Everything coming to DCU this week!

Sorry I’m on the late end today. I actually decided to write something top secret first which I can’t wait to share. Anyway, it’s that time of the week again! Lots of new comics are coming to DCU at 9 PST. So here’s what’s new!

As always the order of info is:

1. New to DCU

2. Newly Digitized

3. The Big Stuff this week

4. Starting Points

5. Starting Volumes

6. Ending Volumes

7. Announcements

8. New to DCU

Aquaman/Jabberjaw Special #1
Bane Conquest #11
Batman Prelude to the Wedding: Robin vs. Ra’s Al Ghul #1
Black Lightning/Hong Kong Phooey Special #1
Flash Speed/Buggy Special #1
Green Arrow Annual #2 //Justice League: No Justice Tie In
Green Lanterns Annual #1
Injustice 2 Chapter 60
Justice League: No Justice #4 //End of Series
Man of Steel #1
Raven: Daughter of Darkness #5
Suicide Squad Chapter 11
Super Sons/Dynomutt Special #1
Wonder Woman Annual #2

2.Newly Digitized

Batman Family #1- 2
Detective Comics #373
Detective Comics #374
Gen13 #0
Gen13 #1
Gen13 #2
JLA: Destiny #3-4
Superman’s Girlfriend Lois Lane #3
wildC.A.T.S Special #1

3.The Big Stuff this week

• Man of Steel #1 - Brian Michael Bendis is starting his first major comic this week with the 6 issue Man of Steel Miniseries. The series is paced slowly but well worth the read and with the weekly schedule, the Bendis Burn doesn’t apply!! This series will result in 3 new Superman titles (Though no new Superman…)

• Justice League: No Justice #4 - The end of Justice League: No Justice ends in an explosive finale before setting up many of the No Justice Spinoffs. (No Teen Titans or Titans Set up)

1. Starting Points
  • Man of Steel #1 is definitely the best starting point. With it setting up the next Era of Superman

• Green Arrow Annual #2. Though a Justice League: No Justice Tie-in, it sets up the Green Arrow’s next big story!

• Batman Prelude to the Wedding: Robin vs. Ra’s Al Ghul #1 for people who want to jump into Batman starting with the Wedding (Which is perfectly viable), this one shot is the first of a series of oneshots to look at how the wedding will affect Batman’s supporting cast. Simultaneously a cash grab and a celebration of Batman’s Villains, this series has NO right and I mean NO RIGHT to be as good as it is. Every read is incredibly well written. I’m rambling aren’t I…… Well check it out!!

1. Starting Volumes

Man of Steel
Man of Steel #1-6

Green Arrow: Citizens Arrest
Green Arrow Annual #2
Green Arrow #41-47

Batman: Preludes to the Wedding
Batman Prelude to the Wedding: Robin vs. Ra’s Al Ghul #1
Batman Prelude to the Wedding: Nightwing vs. Hush #1
Batman Prelude to the Wedding: Batgirl vs. The Riddler #1
Batman Prelude to the Wedding: Red Hood vs. Anarky #1
Batman Prelude to the Wedding: Harley Quinn vs. The Joker #1

1. Ending Volumes

Justice League: No Justice
Justice League: No Justice #1-4

`Green Lanterns: Super Human Trafficking ← The series is almost done with the next volume. The Annual was just paired to this one.
Green Lanterns #40-43
Green Lantern Annual #1

1. Announcements
  • I’ve expanded the Summer of Events Reading Club with a new Extra Credit section to cover the smaller series. This week that is Robin vs. Ra’s Al Ghul and Green Arrow Annual #2

• I want to give a little shout out to everyone working on ongoing fan series.
    - Nu52 - Jason and the Argonauts
    - BWMorris - Elseworlds
    - BigPookieNERD - Static
    - LiberianBoy - Gotham Reborn

And you can read my new biweekly miniseries School of Magic now!

• Finally, DCU Book Club is reading Swamp Thing (2011-) which is a horrifying visual comics which will explain The Rot and The Green!!

• And celebrate Pride Month with Midnighter #1-6!!!

Thanks,
Nathan.Payson (Your Friendly Neighborhood Reporter)

P.S. Would you guys be interested in an article about your top 10 series?

4 Likes

Many thanks, as always. Hope there’s more Hourman to come. I love that series and I’m so happy it’s being digitized.

1 Like

All of the prelude to the wedding stories are very good indeed. My favorite was The Joker story from DC Nation, I think it was called “Your Big Day”.

It was!!