Everything Coming to DC Universe in September, 2019! 🍿

Everything is about $$&…and your point would be? When things get rotated out, it’s because they are making money by rotating them out to a different service for revenue. Do you honestly think DCU subscriptions pay for all of the costs of DCU original series? Or the cost of maintaining the platform? Or remastering shows in HD? Or restoring older golden and silver age comics for the service?

They need additional revenue streams, and after all that, there is still multi-millions being invested by WB/DC in this platform and its content.

6 Likes

That’s it?

5 Likes

Whoops! It looks like there are a few duplicate posts here. No worries, these kinds of spells can go awry easily.

:sparkles:!𝖘𝖓𝖔𝖎𝖘𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎 𝖊𝖘𝖊𝖍𝖙 𝖑𝖊𝖕𝖘𝖎𝕯:sparkles:

6 Likes

Hey DeSade-acolyte, yes it’s all about money. But what happened to getting everything DC in one place? Do you honestly think that the subscriptions don’t pay for the original programming? Do you think they’re doing this out of the goodness of their hearts? If the app wasn’t self sufficient they’d do away with it.

3 Likes

I doubt the subscriptions do pay for the original programming, that is why it airs on Netflix outside the US (Titans) and why others get an international deal. Those international deals in most smaller streaming services is what pays for the shows. Swamp thing cost 80 million dollars. At 70 bucks a year (I think that is the annual price, in that area) they would need a million subscribers for that one show. CBS All-Access despite it being around for years and having Star-Trek on it had around 3 million members. I doubt DC Daily has that many after 1 year for something that is aimed for a much narrower audience.

And besides Netflix is billions in debt, if they did away with it because the subscriptions were not breaking even Netflix would not be around. it is not as black and white as you are making it.

And as far as getting everything DC in one place. Nothing happened to that, that was never a promise and never what it advertised. Your Universe does not translate to “everything DC in one place”.

4 Likes

Anything leaving?

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure that Applejack told us during Office Hours that nothing was leaving this month either. Two months in a row! Let’s hope the trend keeps going.

3 Likes

When is Aquaman coming to DCU? And what about the new Wonder Woman animated movie?

4 Likes

Totally happy to have the animated movies back, especially :vampire:‍♂Dracula & :cold_face:Freeze (already owned the other 2 prior to DCU, it is nice to have them on DCU).
As for The Killing Joke, that’d be super to have too! I was looking for it the other day & was bummed for a moment, then duh! I already own it & can watch it anytime I want to that way. Silly me! :rofl:

1 Like

Titans Binge Special is already out today.

I too would have liked a live-action film thrown into the mix, but I’ll survive. (One of these days, though, we really should get something like Road to Perdition.)

1 Like

So can I just point out Batman v Dracula was already on the service? When something leaves a traditional service there’s an excuse - licensing. Almost everything on Universe however is EXCLUSIVELY owned and distributed by Time Warner, so it feels disingenuous at best to take off things just to bring them back after a few months.

3 Likes