EVERYTHING ANNOUNCED FOR DCU ON NYCC INCLUDING NEW SHOWS!!!

Dark Apocalypse is coming 90 days after physical release?? Remember when movies were supposed to release on DCU alongside physical releases?

2 Likes

I missed LPCustom76’s comment in response to me, so I’ll quote it here: "iJest the problem with the 90 day delay is that the day of physical release was a perk of being a DCU subscriber and instead of getting a upgrade to say getting the movies day of digital release we’re getting down graded to a 90 day delay. "

I know people got used to films coming to DCU on their physical release date, but this was never something entitled to us. It is a perk to see the movies that we get. We don’t get everything. They could have just said the movies are not coming to DCU at all, which has been the case with many films already.

Any news about the DCEU?

The news did sound a bit underwhelming. I was hoping for more show announcements, but will see about Bizzaro TV. I was also hoping for an update on Stargirl.

1 Like

My favorite bit of news is the new Justice Dark movie. More Constantine is always a good thing.

I’m also curious to see what surprises are in store for community week.

I’m going to be completely honest here, Bizarro TV sounds like one of the greatest ideas I’ve ever heard. I love obscure DC characters and having a spotlight on some really fun characters that often get neglected in favor of more well known, (though still fantastic) characters seems like a dream come true. As always I will remain hesitant until I see the finished product, but I will admit that this particular DC project has me the most excited out of all upcoming projects both on the app and in the theatre. Although Birds of Prey has got me pretty excited as well, finally doing justice to Harley Quinn, with Margot Robbie seeming to have finally nailed the accent that so eluded her in the misguided Suicide Squad movie that had so much potential in concept, a cast that should have worked had the characters been written better and the plot more like something the Suicide Squad would deal with as opposed to something that, realistically, the Justice League should have been called in to handle and wouldn’t have raised enough suspicious to justify the use of the Suicide Squad, but I digress as I’m getting off track and could talk about the missed opportunities and failed potential for an incredible movie all day, I’ll just leave it at the fact that there’s still hope with James Gunn’s new Suicide Squad movie that seems to be picking the pieces of the last one that did work and throwing out the parts that failed, which I feel Birds of Prey is a part of, made mostly to get Harley Quinn ready to shine in the next Suicide Squad movie and the amazing Peter Capaldi shining as his yet to be announced villain that I have theories about, but that is a subject for another time.
Anyway, the mere concept of Bizarro TV sounds like an incredible idea that caters perfectly to my love of lesser known and often neglected DC characters that are finally getting a chance to shine. The mention of Space Cabbie alone has me cautiously excited. DC seems to be pulling from it’s incredible roster of characters in all mediums and it’s nice to see an entire program based solely on those fantastic characters who don’t get nearly enough love. In fact, the only reason I mentioned the Birds of Prey movie is that it seems to be following a similar concept of pulling from DC’s extensive toy box and shining light on two of my favorite underrated characters, one of which has been attempted before to painful results and deserves a better treatment. I’m talking about one of my personal favorite heroes, The Huntress, who it seems they may have finally nailed, at least in casting and proper representation of her tragic backstory. However we’ll have to wait until we see more of her to know for sure, but they at least finally cast an actress who can pull off the role. As for the villain, Black Mask has always been one of my favorite underrated Batman villains and I can’t wait to see what they do with him. Ewan McGregor is an incredible actor and I have faith that he will give a stellar performance, I only hope they write these characters well, which it seems they have done for what we’ve seen of Black Mask. (Although personally I would love to have seen Ewan McGregor in the role of Two Face and the now underrated, (yet still surprisingly talented actor who needs a role like this to get his career back on track,) Nicholas Cage as Black Mask as the character in the comics is practically tailor made for the actor. All that aside though, all of this has got me excited for the future of DC both in the movies and on this streaming platform. Let’s hope this doesn’t disappoint!

@Bullcan It seems odd that DCU would blow their wad on announcements on day 1 on Thursday. So thinking (and just my opinion) that more announcements are probably coming.

I agree with @Dan. I’m sure more announcements are forthcoming. This was just the first day after all.

I just keep waiting for Stargirl news.

1 Like

Ok I was critical of the fact that Bizarro World was talked about being a short form series. Not because that nessecarily meant it wouldn’t be good (it likely would be). But I felt what was sounding like a series of web shorts would be a step down from the service that gave us Titans, Doom Patrol and Swamp Thing. But after seeing the latest DC daily, it sounds like it will be a show length episodes, just split into small short form stories. That does sound like a better deal then what I was picturing. So assuming I got it right, previous worries withdrawn.

2 Likes

That’s the impression I have, as well, Dan. An anthology series comprised of smaller bits.

1 Like

Does anyone know how to join IU’s network, which is required for this? I’m at their website and see no way to do this.

If you submit your material I believe you are automatically registered.