EVERYONE STOP WHAT YOURE DOING

…right now and check out the Flintstones book. Honest. You read that right and for a change i spelt it right. The Flintstones. THE FLINTSTONES. One of the best in recent times. The Flintstones.

9 Likes

After Future Quest. Promise.

1 Like

Ill let that slide. Another top shelf read.

Flientstones is simply awesome, as well as Snagglepuss Chronicles…

I’m surprised how much I enjoyed the little I’ve read of Scooby Apocalypse. I just do not like Scooby Doo, but issues 1-4 were fun.

Yea it’s good, but I thought you were about to ruin the image and the style that I’m used to. :nose:t3:

1 Like

All right, I’m in

Reporting back after reading issue #1. The Flintstones is flipping genius. It manages balancing comedy and actual emotional insight, which is shocking to me. Love the small touches everywhere, just one example is Mr. Slate’s giant sloth couch. Highly recommend.

3 Likes

There was a time when the most critically adored, big two published funnybooks were the Flintstones and the vision. Sometimes its ok to wander off the beaten batman/spiderman path…

2 Likes

I shall check it out. Thanks for the recommendation.

Oh man, Russel is wonderful. I was the only one of my friends who was reading this at the time, and it was my favorite book.

This is a “recommend to your friends” level book

I KNOW RIGHT? I was sitting here reading it thinking, “I should not be getting choked up over a freaking Flintstones comic!”

Flintstones funny okay, but poignant, thoughtful, debating society did not expect. Another thing to love is small jokes everywhere in the background. Whether it’s the name of stores, or Panda Express, or the High School’s mascot keep your eyes open. Would love to turn this into an animated series.

1 Like

There was talks a few years back about Seth MacFarlane doing a Flintstones reboot animated series. I think he could do something fairly close to this, but nowhere near to this level.

1 Like

SM is good, he ain’t this good.

They better be careful, SM wanted to do Star Trek and got turned down… so hw mad The Orville.

The entire series is fantastic. One of my favorites of recent years. Mark Russell​:+1:t4::+1:t4:

1 Like

12 issues was far too short—I want more!

1 Like

Are u about to ruin the image and the style that I’m used to?