Everyone should read DC Comics Presents

On my re-read I forgot how much I loved the issue with Starman!

@Vroom Ambush Bug first appeared in Supergirl (I think) and then his next big appearances were in DC Comics Presents before he ever got his mini series. I wish the original “Ambush Bug” and “Son of Ambush Bug” minis were digitized. :frowning:

1 Like

I too wish Ambush Bug and Son of Ambush Bug were available digitally. They’re alot of fun.

1 Like

My first exposure to Ambush Bug was the Superman and Doom Patrol issue. He had me the moment he fell in love with the rampaging Negative Woman, then came the Superman and the Legion of Substitute Hero’s issue. Read them, they’re fantastic.

Ambush Bug also had some good appearances in Action Comics, although not sure if those are part of the digital library. But honestly and I know I am selling it hard but I think it deserves it… Ambush Bugs mini series were great, his appearances in the Substitute Heroes DC Comics Presents was great… but the Superman and Ambush Bug team up issue… is the stuff of legends.

I remember as a kid on vacation reading that issue, we were at the family cabin in the middle of the night when we were supposed to be sleeping. I always had sleeping problems so when I was laying in bed awake and everyone else was asleep I quietly pulled out that comic and snuck into the bathroom to read it for the first time.

I am not kidding I almost caused physical pain to myself trying to hold in laughing so I didn’t get caught. i am still not sure how I didn’t get caught and am convinced my parents knew and just didn’t want to get out of bed to yell at me, so they let it slide.

Yeah reading it in 2019 as adults doubt it will have THAT affect on anyone, but I re-read it constantly and even knowing the jokes I still laugh. Giffen’s masterpiece in my opinion.

1 Like

Well, now I want to read that even more!

rubs hands in anticipation of that issue hitting DCU soon

1 Like

DC Comics presents Superman and the Legion of substitute superheroes takes one Ambush Bug is on DCU I just got done reading for the millionth time I still laugh my head off

2 Likes

Love DC Comics Presents!

The Ambush Bug issue will be out next week! Can’t wait!

1 Like

I was tempted to start another thread but don’t want to spam the board. So bumping this to say that DC Comics Presents #81 is now on DCU… read it, laugh hysterically, thank me later. (or don’t… hey… some of us forgot how to laugh, no shame in that.)

2 Likes

I just read #81 and I LOVED it! Especially Ambush Bug’s wiseassery on the golf course on the first page with the golf cart! That gave me a good, hearty chuckle for sure.

The Levitz and Miller namedrops were neat while “Superman’s” incessant Looney Tunes-esque run was fun too. “Destroy all TV sets? You animal!”

Everybody should read this one and if you’ve read it before, please read it again. It’s aGREAT issue! Thanks for the recommendation Dan!

2 Likes

You’re not kidding. I’ve read maybe three or four issues here and there, all of which were pure cold. The Superman Shazam teamup annual is easily one of the best modern stories featuring the Marvels.

1 Like