Essential/Slimmed-Down Reading

Hello, I really want to get into Batman Knightfall (Including Quest and Send), but it seems like a really in-depth and detailed story (long). I want to only read just the essential and or best issues that help me understand the core themes and the story without feeling bored, uninterested, or frustrated. What would be the best slimmed-down reading order for Knightfall?

Edit: I guess the better question is how can I slim down KnightsQuest?

2 Likes

As someone who, years ago, attempted to hunt down every issue of Knightquest at the comic shops in my area, I can tell you that you really don’t need any of that. For the most part, Knightquest is a collection of 2-3 parters that add nothing to the overall story.

Obviously if you want to get the full picture of what the Bat family was doing between Knightfall and Knightsend, you’re going to want to read all of that in-between stuff. But to be perfectly honest, I think you can jump from Knightfall to Knightsend and still understand everything.

2 Likes

This helps me so much, thank you lots! :grin:

3 Likes

I recommend that you read the entire series because its connected and well written.