End-of-the-World Cup (DC Villain Draft League)

Oh yes. I forgot to announce this. In addition to the trophy (The End of the World Cup), the winner of the finals gets to pick the draft theme for the next game. Here are the choices!

• Lanterns
  • New Gods
  • Sidekicks/Protégés
  • Imprints

The lanterns would likely only include the main spectrum, but we can discuss black and white. New Gods are I’m sure fraught with nuances but we could try a New Genesis conference vs. Apokolips conference which might be a fun dynamic. Sidekicks/Protégés was originally going to be “Titans” but we’re not distinguishing between heroes and villains–so any sort of sidekick/teen hero or villain is on the table. You can direct imprint questions to @Jurisdiction but I’ll just say it’s going to be all the “main ones” :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Will we ever go back to a Justice League theme again? I feel like there was a lot more to do there, especially with the refined game system.

5 Likes

I feel the same way. We just wanted to hit up a more niche theme for this one. I could see us going back to JL for the next event after that.

I’m glad the new format worked out. Next time we’re going to drop at least a couple events and perhaps introduce some very flexible writing restrictions.

4 Likes

Can I have a reminder for who I am facing in this event?

3 Likes
4 Likes

Right. In the semifinals you are playing against your conference still.

The finals is where Injustice and Doom face off for the first time.

Go Injustice!

3 Likes

are we supposed to put the other players new character into the statement ?

2 Likes

Correct. It’s 4v4

So for your match its…

• Ultraman
  • Talia al Ghul
  • Doctor Destiny
  • The Copier :star:

VS

• Poison Ivy
  • Fatality
  • Silver Banshee
  • G.I.R.L. :star:
5 Likes

I think “Sidekicks/Protégés” is the strongest one here, since Lanterns and New Gods tend to be similar, and the Imprints feels too grab baggy to me. Those characters don’t coexist.

3 Likes

While we respect your opinions, it will be up to the winner to decide which to pick

3 Likes

@HubCityQuestion you’ll just have to (try) to win then

3 Likes

Injustice Semifinal is posted! Check it outtttt

5 Likes

i understand the purpose of an secret vite but that just makes it even more nerve wracking :face_with_peeking_eye:

4 Likes

Yeah I think it’s something we might use more often. We want to make sure people are reading statements and not influenced by others.

What did you use to create your character btw? Looks like a video game?

3 Likes

Its the Baldur’s Gate 3 character creator!

2 Likes

Doom Semifinal is posted!

3 Likes

Gorgeous. I wish I had more time for video games!

4 Likes

These were the hardest match-ups yet imo

2 Likes

Will there be a match to determine 3rd and 4th place?

5 Likes

@DreamingGirlWonder it has been an honour to face you and if your statement is what takes me
out then It will have been deserved, fantastic entry

3 Likes