End-of-the-World Cup (DC Villain Draft League)

Amazing story!!

2 Likes

Great job!!!

2 Likes

These are all so good! Great job everyone!

4 Likes

I loved all these little details! It really captured the vibe of classic westerns.

LOL does this happen a lot?

Seems legit…

Banjo over the head. Priceless. I could hear a banjo breaking sound in my head as I read this. ba-doingggg.

Noooooo! You’re supposed to leave the bartender alive to tell the tale!

2 Likes

I, Vampire is another one of my many gaps in comic reading. I need to check this out.

There’s so many great tropes to tap into with Vampire stories. This was a great one to use on Sam.

Of course. I wouldn’t expect any less…

Good point. I’m going to file that away in my brain under “Pyscho Pirate weaknesses” for future games.

2 Likes

Nice job embracing the theme and integrating your characters into this madness. Time travel hijinks…works every time.

Good point. It’s hardly the strangest thing any of them have encountered in the DC Universe.

Kept thinking about this for some reason…

mad-max-fury-road-the-doof-warrior-stomping-600x276

Aw bless your heart. I like this version of Hex. Seems nicer than we’re usually used to :slight_smile:

giphy

2 Likes

Agreed. I’m really loving these! It’s already having some of my favorite statements.

The villain theme was thematically a little heavy. I’m glad we got to do something a little sillier this time. I’d love to do more freestyle stuff like this in future events.

1 Like

Well the way I see it, the Reapers took care of the Werewolves and Jonah Hex takes care of the clean-up… Also, he’s seen things…

2 Likes

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!!

4 Likes

Girls Night Out to the Mummy Haunted House

It was a dark and stormy night. Listen, I KNOW its cliché, but it WAS!! And we were stranded in the middle of nowhere after helping Ivy with some middle of nowhere reforestation effort and the only place to sleep for the night was a house that may or may not be haunted. We have superpowers, a few ghost ain’t got nothing on us! Honestly I really loved the decor : it’s not often you get paintings with eyes that follow you around, and all the scary noise makes fantastic white noise to fall asleep to.

It would have all been fine if there were a few ghosts here, they’re incorporeal, but it turns out the place was double booked! I am NOT sharing a bedroom with mummies. Have you ever smelled 2000 year old decaying bodies? We tried asking them to leave, they say they got here first, so we have no other option than to fight.

Unfortunately for them, its a very quick and easy fight. They’re covered in papyrus and Livewire creates an electrical fire and that’s that. For good measure, Ivy grows some nice smelling flowers to mask the odour of burnt mummies.

Sleepover time! Honestly our pillow fight was more violent than the mummy fight. Speaking of which, where are the ice packs?

5 Likes
Halloween

Captain Cold had heard rumors of a haunted house. He convinced Deathstroke to at least check it out with him because it might have some very expensive valuables.

Everything appeared normal at first when they entered the house, but they were soon surrounded by an angry mob. You would expect the mob to be vampires or something, but no, it was an angry mob of cowboys.

The lead cowboy, who introduced himself as Flint, went on a long spiel about how this town isn’t big enough for both groups before dropping over dead.

Everyone turned to look at Deathstroke, who had shot Flint in the head. It turns out he got tired of listening to Flint.

Steel, Flint’s second in command, angered by this, challenged Slade to a duel. Whoever wins gets the house. Deathstroke agreed. Ten paces, then they turn around and shoot. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and on the tenth pace, they turned around and shot each other.

Slade was shot in the arm, which immediately healed, and Steel was shot in the chest. Except instead of falling over dead, he remained standing and began to laugh hysterically.

Snart noticed movement in the corner of his eye. Flint, whose body was still lying there, was getting up.

Flint walked over to Steel and clasped his shoulder. He whispered something that the duo couldn’t hear, and Steel stopped laughing. He muttered something in return, and they nodded at each other.

The Syndicate members just now realized a vital piece of information that they neglected to put much thought into. It’s a haunted house. These cowboys weren’t alive; they were ghosts. Cold decided now was the time to cut their losses and to make a tactical retreat, and not a moment too soon. Flint and steel had caught the house on fire.

Captain Cold and Deathstroke made a dash for the door, and once outside, they could see that the entire house was swallowed in flames.

Once back at the Syndicate’s base, the other members asked the duo how their outing was. The duo, covered in soot and smelling of smoke, said they didn’t want to talk about it.

2 Likes

Good line. It’s not a cliche, it’s a classic!

Well at least the mummies can speak intelligibly

R

3 Likes

I honestly love the lack of explanation here. It’s cowboys! deal with it!

Ohhhhh…ghost cowboys!

Great approach with the 2 vs 2 match. Flint and Steel…nice. What did they whisper!?

2 Likes

:star2: :star2: :star2: Badge Update! :star2: :star2: :star2:

Great job with the Halloween submissions! These were really fun. We really got some good mileage from the cowboy theme. Too bad we didn’t get any alien or enchanted forest setups–those would have been cool.

Added tiebreaker badges and gave the semifinalists an exobyte badge.

Screenshot 2023-11-02 114808

Looking forward to the semis! We can’t wait to hear more about your characters! There’s only so much I can fit on the trading card but feel free to submit more detailed origin story stuff if you want to.

@casasstrophe is looking like a war hero with all those badges! You crushed it this game!

Oops I forgot Sportsmaster. I’ll get that in.

7 Likes

oh let me tell you fatality’s ring translator was working overtime

2 Likes

We have Doom’s final lineups and new characters in the Semifinals! Welcome to the party “The Unkillable” and “Rorrim” :tada:

I’m not sure how much help this will be, but here’s a youtube video of what the Nexus of Reality looks like. I never actually got this far when I was playing the game :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Here are the two semifinal lineups and new characters on the Injustice side!

Welcome G.I.R.L. and The Copier :tada:

@HubCityQuestion @casasstrophe @PhoenixTalion @DreamingGirlWonder , I’m guessing Nov 10 would be a bit early. We don’t want to drag it out too long but how does mid-late next week sound? the 16th or 17th perhaps?

5 Likes

Sounds good to me!

3 Likes

sounds good!

2 Likes

@HubCityQuestion @casasstrophe @PhoenixTalion @DreamingGirlWonder

Semifinalists,

Just to confirm, we’ll go ahead and set the Semifinals deadline for the 17th at Midnight EST. I will have the polls posted an hour or so after that. My days are pretty full so I can only manage to post later in the night. Please respond or like the post just so I know if you are ok with the timing.

You can send your statements to @Jurisdiction or myself. We still need a new villain picture from @casasstrophe so please get that to me when possible. The trading cards are looking great so far!

Just a couple guidelines for the writing. As always, we’re not limiting how much you can write but we also don’t want there to be huge differences in the lengths of statements between opponents. For the regular season I’d argue something that can be read in 2 or 3 minutes is ideal. Perhaps slightly more for these post season statements.

Also, the nature of this event is that you’ll have to write your opponents into your statement. So all I’d say is to be respectful of your opponent’s team and do your best to keep them “in character” for how they’ve been portrayed by their captain.

Thanks

4 Likes