Earth’s Blue Lantern

Plot twist. Does it have to be a hero? Could it be a Villian such as Poison Ivy. She has a faith as you will in hebiculture.

3 Likes

Phil Coulson

1 Like

Blue Beetle - Jaime Reyes
Not because he is blue but more because of the hopefulness of youth

Alan Scott
Leader that represents hope

Power Girl

1 Like

Flash anyone?

1 Like

Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes) or The Flash (Barry Allen).

1 Like

Wow, I’m surprised nobody has said Jimmy Olsen. That guys whole life is just him being hopeful. Now that I think about it, I’m surprised he hasn’t gotten any ring yet. He’s constantly putting himself in harm’s way for a better photo.

3 Likes

We are talking about the Blue Light of Hope. The one that would immediately jump to mind is Superman. He is literally the most hopeful person in the DCU. He inspires people, for both good and evil. But when you see him flying high in the sky, you know he will be there to protect you. Death of Superman is a reminder of this. Metropolis lost all of its hope when Superman’s cape waved like a flag over his body. When you see that shield, you think of all that could be. You think of flying through the sky at top speed, saving people, and defeating evil.

4 Likes

If it were me, I’d create a new character.

But if I had to stick to established characters, Wally was the first to pop into my head, followed by Clark. Simon Baz would also be a good representative.

4 Likes

Superman

2 Likes

Nightwing

1 Like

Simon sounds like a good choice.

But I also had a weird thought if Red Hood got a blue ring. I feel most would expect him to get a red ring or maybe a yellow one but I just had a weird thought of it being a strange twist that he is actually worthy of a blue ring.

2 Likes

Jonathan Kent and Martha Kent. Hands down.

1 Like

A brand new blu lantern would be nice. :blue_heart:

2 Likes