Earth’s Blue Lantern

If you were going to enlist someone to be the Blue Lantern of our sector, who would it be?

I think my pick would be Simon Baz. Blue Lanterns tend to be people of faith, and his partnership with Jessica Cruz would allow them to amplify each other’s powers.

10 Likes

Azrael :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Baz is a good choice. It’d be a neat evolution for his character.

3 Likes

I’d say Superman. He’s always been the symbol of hope in the DC Universe. It would give a cool new meaning to his nickname “Big Blue”.

11 Likes

Remember how the Sinestro Corps ring for our sector went to Batman before anyone else, and he rejected it? I feel like the same would be true for the Blue Ring and Superman. He’s the obvious first choice but he’s got a lot of other stuff going on.

4 Likes

Hippolyta: while a true warrior, she could embody hope and get others to believe in that hope.

Brainiac 5: his ability to retain his cool In galactic battles. I think he has usually been the beacon of hope for LoSH.

3 Likes

Oh, I had to think about this one!

My vote is going to go to Wally West, I think. Especially in his animated appearances, Wally embodies the heart and soul of the teams he’s on. He could be a little weaker or slower but never lets that define him. We even see in Justice League how losing Wally breaks the team. They just aren’t the same without him. They can’t be.

Wally doesn’t just hope they can win, he hopes they can be better. Better people.

On top of that, I think his speed would make him an excellent Blue Lantern.

7 Likes

Green arrow

1 Like

I still stand by Baz, but what about a Blue Beetle getting a Blue Lantern ring?

Yay or nay?

4 Likes

I think of Blue Beetle- either Ted or Jaime- as kind of too neurotic for a Blue ring.

2 Likes

True. To say nothing of how it’d clash with the Scarab.

2 Likes

I think there’s something to be said for Donna Troy’s ability to support her friends and see the best in people. I’ll go with her.

You know, when she’s not dead or evil.

Another possibility to consider: What about Scott Free? He never gives up hope and always believes there’s a way out of every bad situation, even after how he was raised.

6 Likes

This might seem like a crazy choice, but I think it should be Swamp Thing.

1 Like

@BatJamags
Nice call on Scott Free. Hadn’t thought about him, but he would be an excellent choice.

2 Likes

I would honestly like to see Nightwing as a Blue Lantern or maybe even Aqualad

6 Likes

I’d be fine with Simon. I think we have too many human Green Lanterns as it is, so having one embrace the Blue would be awesome.

3 Likes

Donna Troy

3 Likes

I vote Dick Grayson. Blue is definitely his color and he watched both his parents get murdered but still was able to retain his happy go lucky demeanor after and hold hope for not only Gotham but also Bludhaven.

6 Likes

Lois Lane. I don’t know why it just sounds cool and fun.

2 Likes

I think Jon Kent would be a perfect Blue Lantern!

2 Likes