Earth One - Comics

I noticed they added a few Earth One titles, is the whole series added?

2 Likes

They were more like stand alone OGN’s than a traditional series. Superman has 3, I’m thinkin, Batman 2, teen titans 1 or 2, Wonder woman and the most excellent Green Lantern. If i may suggest, start with the GL.

2 Likes

You absolutely may, but I was curious because the library only has one for Batman and Superman. I will start with GL

3 Likes

the Earth-1 GN series are all currently mostly on vol 2 with vol 3 being released this year. Personally I am really looking forward to earth one batman vol 3 which is coming out in June not only is Catwoman going to be fully introduced but also the batmoblie of this world.

2 Likes

So this is a full new DC world being fleshed out slowly by these large graphic novels? what order do you suggest I read them in, if you dont mind

1 Like

well honestly given there is not a Justice League for earth one yet I say start with vol 1 of your favorite hero, I started with batman for this reason.

there not that new as they started back in 2012, and I would say earth-one is a bit better fleshed out than Earth-prime/zero (current continuity) however I honestly have only read wonder woman earth one and batman earth one so far so I can’t say for sure.

2 Likes

oh yeah, I meant new as in, it is set in its own world. someone said start with GL. But I will get on reading maybe one a month and hopefully more get added, thank you.

1 Like

On DCUI there’s only the first volume of all except I think Teen Titans.

There’s mostly just two volumes of them except for Superman, which had a vol 3 release a few years ago, with third volumes of Wonder Woman and Batman coming out sometime this year.

2 Likes

Thanks, hopefully they add them slowly. I may read some other Black Label books and then circle back to Earth One, i have a lot of reading to do!

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say you should avoid them – the Earth One books were written more like novels or stand alone movies, where it mostly tells a complete story, while giving teases about what could come in later volumes.

2 Likes

I started reading Green Lantern Earth One. I prefer other GL titles, honestly.

2 Likes

got it, thanks for the help

1 Like

the Designation of earth-one historically is quite interesting as back in the gold silver and bronze age of comics earth-one was the equivalent of earth prime/0 well earth two eventually became earth with older versions of DC comic characters.

2 Likes

thats what i thought when i was reading Crisis on Infinite Earths

…which one as I think there have been 2 in the books…however, I am still too angry about the end of the identity crisis to start the new earth one. cause they just keep (ghaaa course language that should not be used on a message board here) batman over…then again there was and may still be a police going on that the batfamily cant be happy. =(

I haven’t read identify crisis yet. its a process for me, but i am slowly working my way up from Crisis on Infinite Earths onward

1 Like

Honestly, i also have a lot of the ‘crisis’ issues to read still, however i pick them up randomly (but read in the cronilogical order) when the mood hits me…or its a current crisis like endless winter, or death metal, or the generations crisis GN series that’s tieing in with future state.

2 Likes

How does Death Metal tie in? Can it be read on its own?

1 Like

i do not think death metal ties into earth-one at all, however, the only way to find out is when volume three of one of the earth one book is released.

2 Likes

oh sorry, I meant how does it tie in to main continuity? I am slowly reading some books from Crisis on Infinite Earths and I dont want to jump back and forth. So I was just curious how it ties into current Detective comics and Batman for example.