Earth 4321’s Alternative Tim Drake Name

Welcome to Earth 4321(DCU). On this Earth, Tim Drake’s new moniker isn’t a) his last name, b) a popular Canadian rapper or c) a very non-dangerous bird.

What would you name Tim Drake?

How about “Redbird” after his car in the Robin comic during Knightfall?

9 Likes

I had the same idea.

4 Likes

Honestly I was fine with him being Red Robin. The name might be a little silly, but at least it has the excuse of being a Kingdom Come reference. Any reference to that series gets a free pass in my book.
Either that or go back in time and let Chuck Dixon’s original proposal for a new Blue Beetle series starring Tim (this was supposed to be during Steph’s tenure as Robin) be greenlit.

5 Likes

Just Robin. Let him be Robin. There can be two Robins. There are thousands of Green Lanterns.

15 Likes

And several Flashes, 2(?) Batwomen, 2 Blue Beeetles, 2 Questions, a half-dozen Doctor Fates, multiple Justice League and Titans teams, 2 Superboys…

3 Likes

I think he should take over the Nightwing role. Put him in the red detailed costume.

3 Likes

excuse me he’s clearly brown, not red

2 Likes

Can Earth 4321 ALSO be the Earth where Billy Batson’s alter ego is still called “Captain Marvel” (or at least “Captain Thunder”) instead of “Shazam?”

7 Likes

Sorry, but i am hoping Richard takes that back at some point. lol, I still dont know why he couldn’t just stay Red Robin.

3 Likes

I see this as another lame attempt to distance him from the Robin name and legacy. Tim is like an incongruent puzzle piece to the current regime, and it’s a shame.

5 Likes

I never knew that! That would have been such a perfect fit due to his technical and deductive proclivities!

I think since I came up with it I’m gonna go with YES! You just got canonized!

2 Likes

I don’t know, I don’t think it’s really a big deal. Drake is clever with the whole bird and all. I just don’t think a name change is a just reason for me to boycott a character. Plus, I really was never a fan of the Red Robin costume or name, so this is a cool update. Roles of the tongue better and has a much sleeker appearance.

Yeah, Dixon’s original proposal was “6-issue arc where Tim helps out Ted Kord with a mission and assumes the Blue Beetle identity. Tim goes back to being Robin at the end of the arc, and we spin Kord out into a NEW series called Blue Beetles, where Ted mentors an entire team of NEW, teen heroes.”
DC instead said “Nope!” so we got War Games and Ted dying in Infinite Crisis (though I guess we could argue that Blue Beetles happened eventually with Rebirth and Ted mentoring Jaime).

Tim should be smart enough to realize that using his last name as his superhero name is going to eventually help some villain figure out his identity, and by extension, the identities of most of the Bats. I’m not a fan of the new name… (And now, instead of thinking of delicious burgers, I’m going to think of ducks when I see him).

4 Likes

Interloper, Savior, Prophet

2 Likes

Now I’m thinking of duck burgers.

1 Like

Yeah I hate the new hero name I think it’s silly Red Robin is not my favorite but at least it’s better than the drake. Make his suit blue like batman had in the 70s and call him blue jay. Give him a flame theme and call him flame bird( jimmy olsen did it). Give him a black and grey robin stlye suit and call him the crow! Anything would be better than the drake… okay I take that back the Woodpecker would be worse

4 Likes

I’ll give it this. I don’t hate the color scheme. Still don’t like the designs. Those random yellow lines feel very New 52, but the colors blend and make him distinct from the rest of the family.

2 Likes

The look is not bad, i just have issue with his new hero name.