Dream DC Projects

That sounds great to me (surprising no one)! I think it would work really well as an RPG, since you could specialize in certain types of constructs that would let your character fulfill different roles in combat. And if you wanted it to be super ambitious you could have the option to join other Corps or at least wear other rings sometimes.

3 Likes

That would be AWESOME.

2 Likes

Batwing by John Ridley

Okay this is more or less speculation but considering that Ridley’s I am Batman series focused not just on Jace Fox and Tiffany Fox as superheroes in New York but also expanding the relationship and roles from the rest of the Fox Family, showing how the Batman symbol has directly influenced Lucius, Tanya and Tamara in variety of ways.

Luke Fox is quite literally the outlier where he has been noticeably absent in Gotham and from his family in New York.
I kinda want to see Ridley explore that absence, but more importantly set up a new side of the character that will change him to be more than Batwing.

I’m thinking about a idea where he goes to Africa to meet with David Zavimbe the original Batwing on a mission that will challenge the former heroes beyond their armored suits and along the way, possibly rediscover their own heroism once again.

3 Likes

Mogo. More Mogo.
:00_lc_green_lantern:

3 Likes

Ambush Bug

4 Likes

Alternate Universe where Oliver Queen finds a mysterious dying alien and his power ring and Hal Jordan gets stranded on an island after his plane crashes and learns archery

5 Likes

Batman telltale season 3

Loved the first two games, it had some of the best character design in dc history imo, would love a third game.

3 Likes

I will always be surprised that this thread is never that popular.

I like to see Tini Howard write princess of Gemworld. Amethyst is DC’S most underlooked superhero and I imagine that whenever reading her Excalibur run that some of her ideas there could work infinitely better in the world of Gemworld.

3 Likes

I am not. We discuss this type of stuff all the time on other threads.

3 Likes

Hmm… I’m not so sure about that.

If I could think about it on the top of my head we got talk about anything DC, a popular enough where people could maybe talk about proposals like this.

There is also Nightmare DC projects which is just the same thing but where people talk about possible bad dc projects.

I look at this thread and see not just about comics but also about wanting to see tv/movie/games be made and think “well that’s different, I didn’t think about that.”

I’m just saying that this thread is not something I would overlook to talk about ideas fan’s would like to see happen one day.

3 Likes

A live action Batgirls show with Barbara, Cassandra, and Stephanie

5 Likes

Okay, I’ve been thinking more about my dream JLI show and how that could realistically happen.

First of all: the time period. As I see it, there are three options:

1. Set it in the 80s, shamelessly lean into the overwhelming 80s-ness of the original comics. This would make a show that’s closest to the comics, allowing for certain characters and arcs to make more sense (Maxwell Lord as a sort of deconstruction of the stereotypical 80s businessman, Rocket Red as a proud Soviet Citizen). Also, just like in the OG, loads of room for era-specific fun
  2. Set it in the early 2000s, adapt the setting accordingly. Maybe replace the Cold War backdrop with The War On Terror, and get in some satirization of The Bush Era (maybe even change Dmitri from Russian to something else, although that would be harder to pull off). Also, if we’re going full Y2K, I think it would be super fun if the show itself was a bit of a parody of 2000s reality TV (think Big Brother but with superheroes). Also, lots of opportunities for era-appropriate fun (Booster Gold and Ted Kord running email scams, the JLI doing an episode of MTV cribs gone horribly wrong, Guy Gardner being really into Eminem). Plus, the gag with Ted’s CD player would still make sense).
  3. Set it in the modern day and make the JLI influencers. The social commentary would be more current, but it wouldn’t have the nostalgia-hijacking benefits of options one and two

If we were to go with options 1 or 2, the show would have to be unconnected from the larger DCEU for Timeline Reasons. As for the cast, unfortunately, I’m going to be realistic.
I do not think we will be able to use Batman. And in all honesty, I don’t think he’s essential for the team dynamic to work. Same thing with Captain Marvel. As much as I would love to see Zachary Levi’s Shazam in the JLI, I think his comedic niche could be filled by Booster and Ted.

Our team will consist of:
Martian Manhunter
Booster Gold
Blue Beetle
Guy Gardner
Max Lord
Fire
Ice
Mr. Miracle
Big Barda

(not super happy with the gender imbalance but oh well)

Basically, just cast a bunch of really funny people as the JLI and I’ll be happy. And put Andy Samberg in it, I don’t care who he plays.

3 Likes

I love the inclusion of Max lord but Didio and the media has forever cemented him as a bad guy so I’m not holding out hope. Perhaps we can get Catherine Cobert in there as his replacement.

We of course could always add more gender diversity with new people. Harley Quinn(while not something I personally love) is a hero now. The JSI could be her chance to reform herself and include her in a non anti-hero role.

And did you forget black Canary was part of the team?

3 Likes

I did not, but in the grand scheme of the DCEU of my mind, this show is runnning concurrent to a Green Arrow something or other that would include Dinah

3 Likes

They already shoved her in the birds of prey and the batfamily if they put her in another team I’m gonna go nuts.

5 Likes

Put Grant Morrison, Frank Miller, Alan Moore, and Dan DiDio in a locked room with one notebook and one pencil. Sit back and watch the ensuing bloodbath.

4 Likes

So, 52 but bad?

3 Likes

Miller and Moore friends who can probably work well together

5 Likes

Frank Miller writting an Roarsach journal series would be the most type cast book I could think of.

Alan Moore writing Lucifer would be the second best.

4 Likes

That would be sooo cool.

4 Likes