Dream Comic?

If you could buy a single back issue, what would it be? (Let’s cap it at $50,000 value so we don’t get a lot of Action 1 and Tective 27)

3 Likes

This is kind of difficult, because my dream comic is Action Comics #1. Superman is my all-time favorite character, and I would love to have such an important part of comic history. That said, the issue would have to be Amazing Spider-Man #33. One of the greatest and most important comic book stories of all time.

3 Likes

Can I buy $50,000 worth of Action Comics #593 copies and then tear them to shreds? :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Wait, what issue was that?

1 Like

The one where Supes and Barda pull a Zack and Miri under Sleez’s influence.

2 Likes

Action Comics #252 in as high quality as $50000 gets me.

3 Likes

Why did Byrne do that to me?!

3 Likes

Oh, that one. Yeah. Yikes.

2 Likes

Considering graded copies of 8.0 usually sell for $10K I’m guessing 9.4 or 9.6. That’s a rare comic!!

2 Likes

I’ve had my eye on a brave and the bold 28 for a long time. I guess I’d buy the highest grade issue known to exist, or that 50000 could buy me. Or a Fox/Sekowsky signature series. If that even exists.

3 Likes

The highest graded known I could find on internet is 9.2 and sold for $54000 so I could get one of the very best for $50000.

3 Likes

Adventure Comics #247 (the first appearance of The Legion of Super-Heroes). It’s the only appearance of the Legion I do not own.

3 Likes

@baseballmaniac01.45870 That might be one of mine.

2 Likes

Weirdly, most of the stuff I love wouldn’t even hit $5K. Maybe it’s because I’m not into JLA, Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Flash, etc.

I’m into supporting characters. As it goes I believe the most valuable comic I’d put on my list would be Flash 110.

I’m actually looking for a really good copy of Brave and the Bold 200 presently, and a great copy would be maybe $150. I’d be pleased as punch and wouldn’t even really miss the money.

4 Likes

flash 112

2 Likes

I’m shocked :wink:. That’s not too bad. FMV of a 9.8 is only about $30K. :smirk:

1 Like