META MADHOUSE 2021: Throwdown on Themyscira 🚩Round 1 Voting: Dr. Poison's Femme Fatales!

These 16 steely sirens are prepared to do their worst, but who has the strength and the will to fight another day? :ballot_box: Cast your votes and sound off in our discussion thread :arrow_right: HERE!

Dr. Poison’s Femme Fatales
:crescent_moon: Patron: Nyx, Goddess of Darkness.
Will Nyx use her Olympian Override? Only she knows! Stay tuned to find out.

Complete MM schedule and rules.

:rotating_light: Voting for this round runs
Fri March 19th @ 3am PST/ 6am EST — Sun March 21st @ 11pm PST/2am EST

Tournament results can be found :arrow_right: HERE

Star Sapphire
Star Sapphire-small
vs
Jinx
Jinx-small

• Star Sapphire
  • Jinx

0 voters

Magpie
Magpie-small
vs
Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn-small

• Magpie
  • Harley Quinn

0 voters

Poison Ivy
Poison Ivy-small
vs
Alice
Alice-small

• Poison Ivy
  • Alice

0 voters

Silver Banshee
Silver Banshee-small
vs
Giganta
Giganta-small

• Silver Banshee
  • Giganta

0 voters

Huntress
Huntress-small
vs
Talia al Ghul
Talia al Ghul-small

• Huntress
  • Talia al Ghul

0 voters

Lady Shiva
Lady Shiva-small
vs
Catwoman
Catwoman-small

• Lady Shiva
  • Catwoman

0 voters

Plastique
Plastique-small
vs
Livewire
Livewire-small

• Plastique
  • Livewiree

0 voters

Killer Frost
Killer Frost-small
vs
Cheshire
Cheshire-small

• Killer Frost
  • Cheshire

0 voters

11 Likes

That was a easy vote, now I’m curious who Alice is. Does she work with The Mad Hatter like when Harley Quinn use to work with The Joker?:thinking:

8 Likes

I voted for Magpie just so someone would.

8 Likes

No, she’s a Batwoman villain. I don’t think there’s any overlap with Mad Hatter in the comics, but in the TV show they mash it up a bit and she’d run with the Wonderland Gang. If you’re not watching the show, I’d recommend the Elegy arc for an intro. Avoid Googling her if you care about spoilers, as it’s right there in the summary text (and episode one of the show).

7 Likes

Thankyou. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Great read.

8 Likes

I totally agree. Definitely worth it, @Lincolnfan78. The art in that Detective run was phenomenal.

6 Likes

After hearing from you guys and @HubCityQuestion, I now do plan to read it! I must admit I was not a fan of Batwoman, but after hearing who Alice is just blows my mind and think wow, this sound like a great story. Looking forward to reading it. :slightly_smiling_face: :00_batwoman:

7 Likes

Star Sapphire over Jinx. Not all magic is created equal. Jinx magical powers are: the ability to command elements such as air, the manipulation of magical energy that she can manifest as offensive force bolts and green flame, the ability to dissolve matter, and creation of ground tremors. Against many combatants this is a hefty power set, against a ring user, not so much. Ground tremors and element control isn’t effective against a ring that allows the user to fly in the vacuum of space. Force bolts and flame are also lowly effectual against a ring or easy for it to shield against. Rings create energy constructs, not material. So Junx can’t simply devolve matter she is attacked by. While Jinx could go deep in this bracket, Star Sapphire is a bad matchup for Jinx and Carol moves on.

For all my picks and more MM discussion and debate, come over and check out: Meta Madhouse Throwdown on Themyscira Discussion and Debates

5 Likes

I’ve read the first two issues of Batwoman Elegy, and wow Alice is just a creepy villian, mostly quoting a lines that Alice say in Alice In Wonderland. The way I see it, She’s a huge major villian for Batwoman like Joker is with Batman.:slightly_smiling_face:I still got alot more reading to do, and the art in the comic is beautiful too.

6 Likes

Good poll. I’m not familiar with all of these characters, so a couple of them are just a guesstimates. I really like the inclusion of the Batwoman/Alice vote. I really liked the first season of Batwoman. Gives more depth to Alice.

4 Likes

Do you know what differences there are between Batwoman/Alice arc (did I use that correctly?) in comic vs. television? Just curious, though I should just read online comics.

4 Likes

Bump!

Voting ends tonight at 11:00PM pacific.

3 Likes