Downloaded Comics Aren't Downloaded

I was going to sit in my yard to read, so I downloaded a few comics to my tablet because it is far enough away from my router that the internet is really iffy out there. So, I go outside and notice it’s taking a while to load everything as if I’m still trying to get them through the internet. I tried going offline and all the pages of the comics are just blank. There is an error message saying I’m offline. They all show up as being downloaded, but they aren’t.

Shouldn’t I be able to read these offline? What’s the point in having the option to download them if they aren’t available offline?

Quick addition: I have noticed this before, that even if I download an issue, it still pauses to load pages sometimes, so this seems to be an ongoing thing, but I don’t really need to read offline, so I didn’t realize downloaded issues weren’t available to me at all offline until now.

Welcome back to the community, @JK1984! :wave: I’m sorry to hear you’re encountering this issue with your downloaded comics.

Please try the following troubleshooting steps to see if the issue persists:

• Log out and back into your DCUI account.
  • Uninstall and reinstall the DCUI app.
  • Clear your cache/cookies.

If you are still encountering this issue after the above steps, I would recommend reaching out to our Technical Support team here: yourdcu.com/submit

They’ll be able to better assist you than we community moderators can. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I tried all that and it didn’t work, but I figured it out, so I figured I’d put the solution here in case anyone else has the same issue.

I went into the app info and then permissions, and it turned out the app didn’t have permission to use the storage. I turned that on, and it works perfectly.

1 Like

Thank you for the update and troubleshooting tip, @JK1984! I’m glad you’ve got it working again - please enjoy. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like