Doomsday Clock Final Issue 12

There are no words

I started to cry in the middle of reading.

I was a child again and loved comic books again with my whole heart.

“Sorry we’re late son.” That line and what happened a few panels before that

Again no words.

Except

Thank you Geoff Johns for everything, from the bottom of my heart.

14 Likes

Congrats on getting this early. How did you get a copy at this time of the morning?

1 Like

Comixology. I am in New York City and Comixology opens up new issues around 7 am EST

2 Likes

Interesting. When I go in, this is what I see and it’s 9:40 am ET here in Finger Lakes New York area.

Ahhhh. When I drill into the new section and then I see today’s date and drill into that all is well. I’ll remember to do that in the future, thanks for the heads up!

1 Like

@Don-El
Update Glad to help

I think you may not have clicked
See All

What you saw was the first page. It is a very heavy week because next week is Christmas Week

I always click.on New first
Then See All

Otherwise

Maybe because I have Coximology Unlimited?

I bought 31 comics today. The 15% discount pays for my monthly fee way over.

Absolutely phenomenal, worth the wait, and one of the best single issues of 2019.

5 Likes

I loved this issue and how it tied everything togeather so well. Im still not sure where this is supose to take place in continuity with lex being not an alien, no John to meet his newly returned grandparents and alfred being not dead and all. Still though this issue was absolutely phenominal and the stuff it teases for the future is amazing! Alot like watchmen it realy speaks to our time and a need for more unity and less tribalist nonsense.

5 Likes

LOVED IT! Still confusing how it fits into the main DCU, but the way the entire timeline is explained was perfect. Only Johns could have written this.

4 Likes

Blame it on Dr. Manhattan :joy:

5 Likes

Superman was used as the ultimate deus ex machina, and used correctly, I think.

I got misty seeing a few panels, said “YEAH!” when all the good guys came right back and joined Clark, and am, after the whole series, very impressed. Thanks to Geoff and Gary and Brad for a most impressive book which can serve as canon, should that road be taken.

4 Likes

I’m a bit torn on this one. For what is finally resolved, I am thinking they could have done this whole story in 2 or 3 issues., especially at the price per issue. I’m very very happy as I probably said elsewhere, to see Legion, JSA and All Star Squadron back. And the use of Superman to reboot reality every generation is about as good a way to go as any, although I find it puzzling that Dynamite can keep cranking out very entertaining and gorgeous to look at Shadow, Green Hornet etc Pulp heroes and don’t need to keep resetting time for us to enjoy iconic heroes in their original setting. I’m hoping 5G does a mix of future and past with present.

3 Likes

I know it takes place sometime after the Justice/Doom War and The Infected story arc (which also includes the four-part Hell Arisen mini-series). I’m not quite sure where it takes place in regards to City of Bane or events of Action Comics though. Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Please help me. I didn’t get anything from this. Nothing. Why did this matter?

1 Like

If you’re looking for a moral of the story…I can’t help you. Looking at it from a practical standpoint, I can at least say that it restored both the Lehion of Super Heroes and the Justice Society and did away with the worst aspects of the New52 shoving that timeline away on it’s own Earth.

1 Like

I really enjoyed this issue and the series. The whole point of Superman meeting Dr. Manhattan was never about who would win in a fight, but how Superman is about bringing hope and how that influences Manhattan.

I also liked how they tied things up with Reggie Long and Batman, with Batman reminding Long not to lose his humanity. That’s how Long can make Rorschach something different.

2 Likes

I am in the same boat as you. Truly a tearjerking final issue. I loved every panel. I cannot wait for the inevitable collected deluxe edition. We need behind the scenes content and extras!

2 Likes

Upon finishing Doomsday Clock, I am not ashamed to say I am still a wee bit confused. That said, the sheer scope of the book, and phenomenal effort put forth by Geoff Johns to bring the narrative to fruition was mind-blowing. I think it’s time to appoint him EIC of the DCU.

3 Likes