Doomsday Clock #12 *Spoilers Inside*

Honestly, I applaud Johns. This ending was something really special, and those double-page panels by Gary Frank are something to behold.

I’ll admit that the goings-on of the Watchmen universe have me a bit perplexed, and a part of me hopes that we don’t see any more of the Watchmen characters for a long time. In a way, I almost feel like although Manhattan definitely learned the right lesson from Superman, his way of going about things (ie creating a Clark of his own) kinda misses the mark.

More importantly though, I think this series turned out to be a fantastic preface for the next couple big events, particularly 5G. From something that I thought was going to spring up by surprise, 5G is feeling more like an amusing experiment, one that everyone knows will have to be put back in the bottle eventually.

2 Likes

I enjoyed it once I let go of wanting it to be on time. The art, in my opinion, will be referenced for the rest of the time the industry has. It was clean with detail and emotion and if the delays were needed to keep it that way then I accept it.
The story was fine if a little heavy handed. I like the multiverse but I am admittedly simple so I want someone from DC to walk me through the current state of the DCU. Time/reality stories give me a headache. If Dr Manhattan undoes his influence then Wally isn’t lost therefore doesn’t need to come back and suffer the horrific fate of being written by Tom King. If the JSA existed then what about . . and so on. I think one of the biggest failures of N52 was they never really explained how the continuity existed especially with Batman and Green Lantern. So someone from DC please come over and bring a chart. Or a companion book. Who’s Who.

2 Likes

So next up…

Animal farm by Geoff Johns, where cuddly cute barnyard animals team up to show the Humans how love and compassion can save the day. It ends with Horse teaching those rapscallion pigs how to properly share.

fahrenheit 451 by Geoff Johns, where a silly group of future firemen show some zany kids that literacy is important, and reading is cool!

Yeah, i am really angry and the shameless whitewashing. That last issue was the comic equivalent of “the war of northern aggression”.

I hope Johns watches some HBO and feels shame, for the cotton candy treatment he game the most politically important DC franchise in the stable.

Um… what?

4 Likes

So, I read it. I was surprised, teared up a little, and thrilled at another reason why Clark is the very best of all of us.

5 Likes

It was a good story! I love the whole idea of the multiverse so for me, more is better! More of a multiverse is always good!

4 Likes

A couple of thoughts…

• I assume the crisis in 2020 will be spinning out of the Justice/Doom War
  • I’m excited to see what’s going to happen with the Time Masters event. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Legion played a large role
  • Although I was skeptical at first, 5G is starting to spark my interest
  • Wally’s new costume isn’t terrible, but I like his current design much more
  • I’m not sure who the African-American lady in the Amazonian armor was, but I assume she’s going to replace Diana in 5G
  • Nightwing appeared to be Dick and not Rick. I didn’t think Ric would last long, but I’m happy he’ll be leaving soon
  • Is nobody going to mention that BATMAN HAS A DAUGHTER!!!
  • If Alfred is in Doomsday Clock, then that means he gets revived, right?
  • Last, although certainly not least, SECRET CRISIS
3 Likes

The daughter could be Helena Wayne. The daughter that Selina and Bruce are supposed to have if they get married.

3 Likes

@Behemoth.Ravenlord

I think you are correct.

Issue 12 establishes New 52 as an existing universe.

Helena was in Worlds Finest in New 52

1 Like