Doom Patrol Vs. Titans

Im trying to figure out which show is better Titans or Doom Patrol? What do you guys think

1 Like

I really enjoyed the Titans but I have to say that I think the Doom Patrol is a better show. The Titans are my favorite comics team but the Doom Patrol’s character exploration and development have been outstanding. Not to mention the general crazy events!

6 Likes

Doom patrol was structured better and actually took the time to develop their characters but I bet titans S2 will be better than its previous season

6 Likes

Doom Patrol. Its not even close. Doom Patrol clearly knows what it wants to be and feels cohesive and well written. Its embracing its source material and is ambitious as hell with terrific performances. I’d say its the only superhero TV show that can give Daredevil a run for its money.

Titans is kind of a mess. While Doom Patrol is focused on the Doom Patrol, Titans isn’t really a Titans show. Its more of a DC showcase show or Grayson: Brave and the Bold. Only episode 5 is really about the team. The writers don’t really feel interested in the team and feel more interested in making another Batwank show like Gotham/Batwoman/Pennyworth. The plot is full of plot holes. Nobody has any character development (just look at Dick, he just keeps giving in to his darkness) and is full of filler episodes.

Case and point: Doom Patrol’s second episode had a fifteen minute dream sequence at the end of it. It did MORE for THREE characters (Victor/Rita/Larry) than Titans 45 minute finale did for ONLY Dick.

Plus the season finale about The New Teen Titans TV shouldn’t be about “What would happen if Batman killed the Joker?” and not include anyone on the team besides Robin.

3 Likes

And I say ^^^ as someone whose favorite superhero team are the Titans, specifically the Wolfman/Perez run.

2 Likes

And I say ^^^ as someone whose favorite superhero team are the Titans, specifically the Wolfman/Perez run.

1 Like

Right now, Doom Patrol is the better show. Titans was the first DCU exclusive show and it shows. Although I think Titans has far more upside potential if both get past 2nd seasons.

1 Like

I think Doom Patrol wins in Doom Patrol vs. Just About Anything.

3 Likes

@biff_pow
I’d say LoT noses in front of DP because their comedy is tighter, but it’s neck and neck down the home stretch as far as I am concerned.

1 Like

Ahhh yes I forgot LoT. It’s so unique it doesn’t reside in the TV show directory of my brain. It’s just floating around loose in there.

1 Like

A vote for Doom Patrol.

1 Like

I’m going to say Titans. I mean I love them both so much don’t get me wrong I think they are both amazing and wonderfully done and the best shows about comic book characters.

Having said that if I had to choose like there’s a gun to my head I’m going to have to say Titans, I am a 90s baby and was introduced to the team by the Teen Titans cartoon (and honestly only started watching it cuz I’m in love with everything and anything Batman and Robin was in it) witch got me into the books ect. So this is a team that I have grown up with and loved and was so ecstatic when I heard that there was going to be a live action. That was the whole reason I pre-ordered the app (but stayed for everything else :wink:)

I knew that it was going to be adapted different to fit the format especially having been a fan of Gotham sense it aired so I went in with a very open mind (also I have a 4 year old so I have already been forced to watch teen Titans go) and was soooo pleased with it how dark it was how brutal Robin was How bad ass Starfire is How creepy as fuck Raven is and this whole world they have created around these characters so dope!!!

And let’s remember that season 1 is the foundation to this whole DCU. So yes it may be slower and choppy feeling as some are claiming but they are setting everything up for more then just 1 show but so far 2 possibly more (can’t wait for swamp thing). I love it and can’t wait to see what season 2 has in store for us.

And again this is in no way bashing Doom patrol because I love it pretty much equally!!!
#BringCyborgToTheTitans #booyah!!!

Doom petrol

Doom Patrol. Unequivocally. It’s characters are fleshed out in the show, the effects budget is used more wisely than Titans, it has great humor, and is more complex thematically than Titans.

1 Like

@biff_pow
I would love to see LoT make it into standard canon. Maybe arrowverse COIE will catapult them to Earth Prime (I think that’s what Earth 1 is called today.) They could go about time in standard continuity, bring back Vandale Savage or fling them into fix broken bits of time between the present and LoSH events. Have reverse flash or some rouge future speedster try a flashpoint and they have to go fix things. Or gift them a lantern battery and the travel through space and time, fixing something the GL Corps have screwed up, since the Manhunters and GLs have been around long before earths recorded history. Production costs would probably to high though.

1 Like

Titans

1 Like

Doom Patrol. Titans is fine, but Doom Patrol is in Jack Palance’s voice the ticket!

Doom patrol

It’s more entertaining

DOOM PATROL is my jam. Even better (sometimes) than GOT. I eagerly await Fridays, and will joyfully watch.

1 Like